Fauxton from LightHound

sgt253

Enlightened
Just received an order from LightHound. Great people to deal with! I was given a purple-bodied "fauxton" coin cell light with my purchase. My question is the beam emitted is not white not blue but "purplish". UV? Purple led? Your thoughts.

Regards.

Illum

Flashaholic
With a purple body, it's probably UV. See if it will light up the strip on paper currency.

currency doesn't work very well...unless your in a totally dark room....try charging up GITD material with it, it works very well for that matter:)

he gives them out at random....when stocks hold its usually white, I received a purple bodied fauxton also...its UV :)

for each shipment over $20 a fauxton will be included with shipment, email him your preferred color if you don't want to end up with reds and greens and blues and UV if you just want white. I don't really care for the matter, if its inclusive I'm certainly not complaining:kiss:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the UV one too, but I figured it was because I ordered a bunch of GITD o-rings. :)

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try it on a credit card or a new $20 bill to see if it reveals any of the hidden security features that are visable under UV light. That will tell you.

sgt253

Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I will try all the suggestions, except the warden would kill me if i pee'd on the carpet! LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I got a UV one, removed the emitter and transplanted it into a spare ARC AAA head, works great for charging glow material and curing the UV activated glues