Looking for a Flashlight...

OddJack

Newly Enlightened
Hi there everyone. First, wanted to say how glad I am to have found this forum. It is so nice to be able to share a hobby with such cool and knowledgable guys like you.

1- I was wondering if someone could give me a pointer to a flashlight that produces a perfect round spot with no spills, preferably uses AA or AAA, LED.

2- A flashlight with adjustable or more than one strobe speed. Also AA or AAA, LED. This is to be used as a bike headlight.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
:welcome:

1) The Inova X1 gen1, or there is a 1xAA River Rock at Target with optics that provide spot only, or an aspheric lens mod to something like a MagLite.

2) The NiteIze IQ switch for a MiniMag has a fast and slow strobe. This one also has multiple strobes.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are a few AA and AAA lights that provide just a beam with no spill but they are pretty dim and maybe a more powerful light with both a strong hotspot and a strong spill would work.

Is there a reason you don't want spill?

There are some cheaper lights with 2 or more strobe speeds but I don't know of any with variable strobe speeds.

:welcome:

P.S. Hows the L2D-CE Q5?

OddJack

Newly Enlightened
I got a L2D with the clamp last week already. I like the clamp, it is better than I thought, pretty nifty as you said. The L2D I had planned to use as a headlight for my bike and on strobe mode but I just prefer to have something with slower speed; more runtime and easier on eyes. I liked the one Murdake suggested and may end up getting that one but seems like people are having problem figuring out how to switch between modes and that it is not as bright. Any slow strobe mode with two AA would be great.

As for the no spill flashlight, it is more from the -oholic part of me. I used to collect chronograph watches and now it is flashlights. You cant really ask why you want this or that, it is just something you enjoy looking at, touch, play with around or even just talk about here. I looked at the one Murdake suggested but I was hoping for something better looking and brighter. Thank you all and happy thanks giving.