Drop-in for G2 question

Alero

Enlightened
I have 3 different drop-in modules that fit my G2. The first one isn't quite as bright as the others but is close. The Other 2 are about equal to my 210 lumen MRV! They also seem to drop off at different run times. I think some are regulated, other are not? I have no idea.
But really what I care about is heat. Of the 3, does anyone know if one will run cooler than the others in the G2?
I want to go as long as possible without burning up my emitter!​

Cree XR-E P4 from this light: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2672

Cree P4 emitter from this drop-in: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1447

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i was weighing two options, buy a stock G2 LED for what $65.... or buy a stock G2 incan version for $35 with 10 free 123's and buy a malkoff Q5, and have way more out put than the orig G2 LED, plus youll get 10 free bats with the incan, as to only 6 with the G2 LED

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Weighing two options myself, buy a stock G2 LED with Al head with pyrex lens for $64 from Lowes.... or buy a stock G2 incan version for $35 with free 123's and run something else. My trouble with stock G2 incan idea is the heat build up in nitrolon head shortening led life, and lexan-plastic lens. I am torn.....

lightinsky

Enlightened
I recently received my DX 1447 Cree P4 drop in for my G2. It is brighter than the original p60 bulb it replaced and brighter than my G2L 80 Lumen led. Fit in with no gap and at least 110-120 lumens by estimate.

Alero

Enlightened
Appreciate the replies, but I think the question got lost somewhere.

I already own the G2 and all 3 of the drop-ins. Just wondering what is the best option of the 3 as far as keeping things cool. If anybody knows.

And yeah, they are all way brighter than stock G2 or G2L. :)

Alero

Enlightened
Would it be too simplistic to assume that the dimmest of the 3 would also run the coolest?