Surefire C3

pheonix

Newly Enlightened
I asked this question at thehighroad.org but they could not give me the information that the experts/enthuasists here can. Honestly, I dont think anyone there has a C3/M3.

ANYWAY, I just recieved the 2003 Surefire catalog... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and impressive.I already have an E2e-HA and will ask for the E1e-HA, G2/G2Z and additional E2e-HA as gifts for the rest of the year. I am interested in the C3 for camping, hunting, hiking/backpacking, and general purpose. I want something far better than a 5D cell maglight. What ever light I get for this purpose will be purchased with extras (ie. P90,P91,F24, V70, SC1, F26, F27 etc) <font color="blue"> </font> My questions are... <font color="black"> </font> would this light be appropriate? Do any of you have one, What do you think of the fit in hand, burn time, duribility (of bulb)? Is the C3 fragile enough to warrent the extra 100 bucks for the M3?

I am wide open for other suggestions and opions on the other SF's on my "wish list"

I almost forgot the <font color="blue"> </font> A2 <font color="black"> </font>, this is on my wish but buy for myself list.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest A2 or M3.

I had C3 for about 10hrs before selling it. I really hated it. But it's just me.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Someone in the BST section is selling 6p's with a19 adaptors for$70.00 shipped, you can get a very sturdy light with several lamp options.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too big, not that much brighter then P60(I had P90 in it), run time of about 40 minutes, fairly ugly.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
Too big, not that much brighter then P60(I had P90 in it), run time of about 40 minutes, fairly ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

besides ugly, how does the M3 differ?

GeoffChan

Enlightened
M3 has a shock-isolated bezel, compatible with some of the weaponlights, and comes in HA3.

The MN10's and MN11's don't put out a round beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I prefer the M3 over the C3

Geoff

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
M3 has 20 more lumens of output, can be converted to a very good turbo light, has much better lens covers and filters. Older C3s had Lexan lenses, and some dealers still have those. You will pay extra for C3 HA finish. M3 includes lanyard system. M3 has better combat grip, due to round body. M3 has shock-isolation. M3 with clickie tailcap looks great, while C3 looks like an ***. SOE has a pouch for M3, which is a must. M3 can use KL2.

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
I visited a SF dealer over this weekend, he was kind enough to let me play with all the SF light he has.

Anyway, I think M3, C3 has about the same ouput, same brightness and same oval shape beam. They both have pyrex lense. M3 is larger, but looks a whole lot better than C3. C3 does look ugly to me. If I were to pick a 3 cell SF and price does not matter, it will definitely be M3. If price matter, like me, I will choose Z3 or 9P over C3.

As comparing P90 to P60, I think P90 light up more area than P60, especially as distance increase, but the intensity at the hotspot seems about the same to me.

eel

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugly is true. Nothing elegant about it.

That said, the pocket clip is handy, I like the ring for 'groucho grip' use with a pistol, and I like that it uses standard p90 and p91 LAs. The beam is a bit of an oval, but that is common of all the 3-cell Surefires that I have played with lately. The HAIII finish is tough and wears well when stuck in a pocket with keys and other junk.

I have a M2HA bezel coming from Surefire to dress it up a bit, but all in all I like my C3 a lot.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend C3 over M3 if you don't plan to mount your light on your weapon. Its shock-isolated bezel do help when used with weapon but not for daily drop and bang. C3 is smaller than M3 and has same runtime as M3. C3 also has type III hard anodized and Pyrex lens like M3. However, M3 does have a better look (IMHO) than C3 though. My girlfriend loves its look think that it's a grenade. She refuses to carry it after 2 months because of its size. She now carries E2e/KL1 and Scorpion as EDC.

Alan

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M2 shock isolated bezel on the C3 will give you a very tough flashlight.

Alan is correct, the SureFire Shock Isolated Bezels are designed and intended to protect the Lamps against recoil and abuse associated with being mounted on a weapon.

SureFire Shock Isolation works best along the long axis rather than from the sides.

I prefer the M3 over the C3. The P90/P91 Lamps don't give the kind of beam I want. The larger diameter M3 reflector give the beams more impact.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you're going to carry it in a holster, i suggest a Z3 with a black M2 bezel (looks great, and is much cheaper). if you're going to carry it on your belt or pocket, then a C3 would be more ideal, ugly as it might be.

even without a shock isolated bezel, the C3 should still be fairly resistant to bumps and drops. i've dropped my C2 on its side from waist height, and besides a dent on the bezel and a gouge in the tailcap, it still works fine.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
But one interesting point for the C3 is that it does take the KL3 whereas the M3 gets the larger KL2. If the led option is a consideration then the C3 with a seven hour regulated run time sounds like a good bet. This would make a great camping/trekking light.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have a C3-HA and love it. I'm trying to get an M2-HA bezel without much luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Where did you guys get yours?

C3-HA + M2 bezel = $120, which is about $100 less than the M3 from the same vendors.

I chose the 3-cell model because I had compared a buddy's 9p to my 6z on many occasions and liked the greater light output with minimal increase in size.

pheonix

Newly Enlightened
Blikbok
I was wondering if the bezels were interchangeable, but when I looked at the price difference I figured that they weren't. www.tannersstorefront.com sells quite a bit. If you need more sights I have em. Let me know if they really fit.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too, want a M3, but I am waiting for the Streamlight 9 volt light to come out, and will compare the two.

I am betting the streamlight will be brighter than the C3, but priced better than the C3 also.

Latest posts