Maglight D size holster

6mag

Newly Enlightened
I got a loop holder thing. When I opened it I cant work out how to undo it.

Ill show a pic

sxsmk7.jpg

This is side by side the silver one is the correct way it should look the black one is incorrect.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Open snap button, fold plastic ring out, close snap button? I'm not sure why you can't undo it, unless you think the snap button is a rivet, which isn't.

6mag

Newly Enlightened
u were 100% CORRECT WITH all the comments you made in the post. Thanks

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use one of those by my door to hold a 3D maglite on a hook. When the power goes out I can walk in and just turn on the maglite for lighting.

lumenal

Enlightened
Anybody ever actually use these on a belt?

Like with a 3 or 4 D Mag?

I've had this exact holder for over a year and have yet to snap it over a belt and try it.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only when my belt is tight enough. :naughty:

Mine's in the truck along with the 3D mag and red traffic cone, for just in case.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody ever actually use these on a belt?

Like with a 3 or 4 D Mag?

I've had this exact holder for over a year and have yet to snap it over a belt and try it.
I've used a very similar one for years. Sme plastic loop but with a ballistic nylon belt loop. I carried a Mag in it for several years in the Navy, but now carry an Ultrastinger in it instead. Over time, the ring will wear off the anodizing in a ring around the head of the light at the point of contact. It holds up well in use. The only problem I ever had was when running to a casualty while carrying a Mag. The light would start swinging and sometimes it would eventually spin completely upside down and slip out of the ring. I got in the habit of using one hand to hold it down as I ran. But now at the water plant where running is a rare occurrance, no problems.