xbox 360 vs ps3?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
which do ya prefare and why me i like the sony be cause i hate Microsoft plus i here the 360 overheats

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PS3 has it's own problems.

I have a 360 and PS3 and I spend way more time on the 360. Sure the 360 will break but MS is backing so it's not all bad.

The 360 has more games out and most of the time it plays the same game better than the PS3 because the PS3 is harder to port for and quality isn't as good. The PS3 only games are really good so I can't complain.

I got a Wii too I got bored after 2 days.

Last edited:

Wyeast

Enlightened
It depends entirely on what kind of gaming you want to do. If you want to play Final Fantasy, or a lot of singleplayer, then maybe PS3's for you. For shooters or playing online w/ other players, it's tough to beat XBox and Live!

As for the console overheating - that is true to some extent, particularly with the older units - but as long as you kept it on a hard surface and don't block the vents you're probably alright - that, and MS extended the warranty to 3 yrs I think, so you're pretty covered.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
but i think once programmers learn the ps3 better it will have the best games i mean its cpu is amazing plus it can play blu ray movies and fold at home .and it will upconvert dvds well

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have PS2 and definitely prefer it over the Xbox. But PS3 and Xbox 360 is a completely different story. Sony screwed up royally with the ridiculously high cost of the PS3 when it first came out. (And this is coming from someone who owns several Surefire lights. So I'm far from being a cheapskate). Then there was the games that were available for it at launch time.

It's strange, but it almost seems as though Sony did everything right.... if they intentionally wanted the PS3 to fail miserably.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
but it plays hd movies and has a better storage media hell they can do a lot with blu ray

Monocrom

Flashaholic
but it plays hd movies and has a better storage media hell they can do a lot with blu ray

No HardCore Gamer cares about that. The only time a HardCore Gamer watches movies is when he's watching unlocked cut-scenes. And thanks to RE4, he better be ready to use the controller while watching! :D

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol im more a geek then a gamer i like how games look on my xbox the old xbox im sure the ps3 will look way better then it?

greenstuffs

Banned
Without going into flaming i will say that PS3 has Gran Turismo series as well as Tekken, Final Fantasy... XBOX has HALO and others. I prefer ps3 because i grew up with ps1, ps2... as far as price you pay more if you buy an XBOX because the add on HDDVD drive costs $160 that on top of a $350 system makes $510 besides having a smaller HD compared to a $400 version of the PS3 having BLUE RAY ready as well as a 40Gb drive. You do the math hardware wise.
It all comes down to game choice in Europe, Asia PS3 wins over XBOX360 hands down. US not so clear...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i hate decisions i cant afford either really but i can sell my main pc and get one but then id be left with a lame old pc. i love all driving games but i like the ones with lots a scenery and city scenes the most.

greenstuffs

Banned
GT5 HD suppose to be the best driving game FM2 not as good PGR4 looks good but imho THE DRIVING game are GT series.
lol i hate decisions i cant afford either really but i can sell my main pc and get one but then id be left with a lame old pc. i love all driving games but i like the ones with lots a scenery and city scenes the most.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i kinda prefare when im driveing thru city streets that still has trafic on it kinda street raceing so far i realy liked playing need for speed 2 on the older xbox

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 360 and haven't bought a ps3, and have no plans to get one. To me its simple, what does each system offer that the other one does not?

There is nothing noteworthy in the hardwear of either, considering it will be some time before I pay 30 dollars for a blu-ray when i can get DVDs all day long for 10.

What is noteworthy is exclusive titles, and Xbox live. In the end there aren't enough exclusive games on the ps3 to get me to buy one. Nearly all the great games on PS3 are also on 360, but vice versa isnt true. Get a 360 and enjoy mass effect, halo3, bioshock, gears of war, AND the all the shared titles.

The addition of as much online play as I want for any number of games for 30 bucks a year wins with me.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
isnt ps3 online gaming free?im not sure what halo is well i saw it on tv that it sold many many many millions. but if its a space game i wont like it.i like resident evil a lot if they even still make that game or scarey games i also liked football games but there always so hard to figure out all the moves

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm gonna get some racing games for the PS3 and try to spend some more time on my PS3.

Anyone know if the Logitech G25 race wheel works with it? I'd like to get that to play GT.