NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: HOCKEY fans check in HERE ! !

Flashaholic*

Default HOCKEY fans check in HERE ! !

anybody know where i can find a dallas stars hockey jersey in coat sizes, 46, 48, etc..

most places have them in lg, xl, etc..

Default Re: HOCKEY Jersey

tkl,

Last time we talked puck I said that your team was the one to beat and I still think so although my Ducks are in the number 6 slot. Yesterday, they played a great game (4-1) at home against the much hated Red Wings.

CCM is the official supplier for the Stars and the Ducks. Here is the link to the CCM site.

Their sweaters come in jacket sizes just as you requested.

Flashaholic*

don't count out ottawa, they're tough. for some reason we have a hard time with the nashville predators [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

thanks for the site but no online ordering, just a dealer search function. finding what i need locally is going to be a pain. i was hoping somebody knew of an online retailer i could just order it from.

Hats should be off to Ottawa. It's a team that plays its heart out every night even though they didn't get paid while the team struggled with finances. They played hard and it shows.

Now about this jersey thing. Sheesh, you Stars fans want everthing... Here is a site that I've heard of B4 and their prices seem good. I paid $224 for my jersey from another retailer.

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff said:
    Sheesh, you Stars fans want everthing...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, new arena, leading the league............pretty much. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff said:
    tkl,

Last time we talked puck I said that your team was the one to beat and I still think so although my Ducks are in the number 6 slot. Yesterday, they played a great game (4-1) at home against the much hated Red Wings...

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be some sort of typo, I know you must have meant the <font color="red">beloved Red Wings </font> . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I mean come on they are one of the Original Six and of course have the best sweater (Canadian for hockey jersey) and some of the all time best players (Gordie Howe anyone).

That said ... the Ducks did play a great game against my Wings. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Pat

Flashaholic*

treek, i'm sorry to say i hate the wings too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Try ebay for a good deal on an authentic Stars sweater. You might also think about getting a vintage North Stars jersey, those are very cool (and you'd be kickin it old school).

Go Stars!!!

Pat,

Chelios is a goon although if the truth be told, every team would love to have him. But come on, Kariya is diving?!

Granted he's a little dude and a strong puff of wind could knock him over but the man has won the Lady Bing Award several times!

The geezers from Detroit need to win it this year or else some wholesale revamping is in order.

Did you come to the game on Sunday? Someone threw an octopus on the ice. We don't touch them sea insects; we scoop them up with a shovel.

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff said:

The geezers from Detroit need to win it this year or else some wholesale revamping is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]LMAO [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img] so much talent doing so little is discouraging. if they don't make an outstanding showing this playoff season they should be revamped. anybody remember the washington redskins? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

the stars have been healthy all year until recently. not having guerin going into the playoffs will be tough.

I must say I love the Red Wings and all their history, but the octopus throwing has got to go. Man, that gets old fast. I started following the Wings in the very rough Dead Things years (pre-Yzerman and his early years, very rough times) and it's just annoying that so many of those throwing octopii are fair weather fans who have no idea where it came from or why they are doing it.

Yes, it is sad to say the rebuilding years are coming soon for the Wings and if you follow baseball at all, you'll know Illitch is not good at rebuilding. The Tigers suck big time and will continue to do so; hell they are almost as bad as the Lions. Yikes!

By the way, the local team here in K'zoo used to be the Dallas Stars farm team in the IHL. They won their league championship with Ken Hitchcock as coach before he went to the bigs and won the Stanley Cup in Dallas.

Pat

Flashaholic*

okay, anybody know where i can get a coat sized jersey?

Find a Dealer - CCM You have to go with the authentic jerseys to get the coat-type sizes (46,48,52,56) and those are the only sizes and they are pricey.

Pat

You Dallas fans are unbelievable! I found you a site with good prices and ... and I don't know what to say! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Short of buying it myself and dropping it off at your house, I don't know what more I can do! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

I think it's more of an attention thing. The Stars are fading as the playoffs arrive and the sun should've set on that franshise a long time ago. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I'm seeing a #1 getting beat by #8 in the near future. Desperate for limelight and headlines... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

the Wings are tough...and there are some other tough teams as well.

what i really love about hockey, is that when you meet the players, they are just regular folks--very approachable.

i dont know about other sports, but the hockey players such as the Red Wings really give back to society. they organize fundraisers and support cancer research, visit children's hospitals, raise money for great causes, etc...

they are a great bunch of folks. and they work DARN hard for their money.

Darren McCarty goes on a radio show pretty often here in Detroit, and he is extremely funny and "down to earth".

Bob&lt;--live just outside Detroit.

Flashaholic

and Detroit is hockey town. It must be true, cause they paint it on the ice, right?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

no, silly.

it is painted UNDER the ice!

it just shows how supportive we are of our team. and no matter how much someone might dislike them, the Red Wings have terrorized the NHL for nearly a decade.

notice that in the above post, i did not crow about our recent domination over the NHL...but now it just feels good to say it. um...how many Stanley Cups have the Wings won in the last 10 years?

not bad for a bunch of old boys.

Bob

Flashaholic*

detroit is ready for retirement. they look dominant throughout different parts of the year but don't always make it to the big dance. they've got another year or two until they'll get used to the bottom of the barrel.

the red wings trainers must have a fortune in ben gay and geritol. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

yeah, i would love to see some more talented young blood in there.

many of the younger teams, though less experienced, have amazing speed and snap!

Bob

The Kings just traded Smolinsky to Ottawa and another player to the Dead Wings.

Ottawa is the team to beat in the east although the trade with Detroit doesn't, IMHO, help them that much.

LA simply was looking to unload payroll and didn't want to pony up the big bucks to retain their soon-to-be free agents.

My Ducks also made a trade and when the post season arrives, the Ducks will be in the Pond!

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff said:
    Dead Wings.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

i think the stars made a couple decent pickups, and unloaded some dead weight. we need our starters back. loosing guerin is going to hurt in the playoffs.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: HOCKEY fans check in HERE ! !

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just heard guerin will be back for the first round of playoffs!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stanley Cup Finals - The Last Ten Years
    2002 <font color="red">Detroit Red Wings </font> Carolina Hurricanes 4-1
    2001 Colorado Avalanche New Jersey Devils 4-3
    2000 New Jersey Devils Dallas Stars 4-2
    1999 Dallas Stars Buffalo Sabres 4-2
    1998 <font color="red">Detroit Red Wings </font> Washington Capitals 4-0
    1997 <font color="red">Detroit Red Wings </font> Philadelphia Flyers 4-0
    1996 Colorado Avalanche Florida Panthers 4-0
    1995 New Jersey Devils <font color="red">Detroit Red Wings </font> 4-0
    1994 New York Rangers Vancouver Canucks 4-3
    1993 Montreal Canadiens Los Angeles Kings 4-1

Seems to be a trend of some sort here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

treek, i'm not doubting they go to the dance alot. but the reason they get there is because too many teams give the old geezers too much respect and room. if they hit one of them the enforcers will be on them like white on rice.

for their talent level they have a few more slumps than they should see.

not saying they're a bad team.

funny, i dont see anyone giving the Red Wings room--especially teams like Dallas and Colorado.

i guess the Stars must be real gentlemen, because the best they can do this season is to tie the Wings.

all that ben gay must be helping!

the Wing definitely have had some serious slumps.

Bob

Flashaholic*

bob, if you know anything about hockey you know damn well if hatch lays out hull, federov, yzerman etc it'll be a riot. it takes away a certain aspect of the game and changes the dynamic.

ANY star player that is picked on will be attacked by the teams enforcers--not just the Red Wings.

that is the name of the game--to protect your top players, and all teams do this. most star players (high scorers, goalies) arent big bruisers, so they need the protection of their team mates.

you cant let your players get bounced around without retaliation. it is a kind of unwritten rule in hockey: attack a star player, be prepared for the retaliation.

if hatch lays out hull/etc, we will certainly send out someone to take care of him. that is the way the game works!

so...why doesnt Dallas simply "lay out" Hull, Yzerman, etc, instead of simply getting ties with the Wings?

i would think it has to do with having to fight off the resulting power plays brought about from "laying out" players. fighting off power plays is probably not the best way to win a hockey game--it rapidly tires the defensive players. avoiding penalties is generally more productive, even if you are good at penalty killing.

yeah. i understand hockey.

Bob

Flashaholic*

bob, didn't mean it as an insult. i should have pointed out their top line is ALL future hall of famers, ie, you can't hit anybody!

i start to get the feeling i'm whining, and i hate that. nevermind, we'll see soon enough.

doh! i didnt intend to offend anyone. i dont worship the Wings, i just appreciate their hard work and talent.

and sometimes they suck.;o)

i stated it earlier: there are many fantastic teams/players out there (but i dont follow other teams closely), with tremendous talent and skill.

for example, i was watching part of a Colorado game, and was very impressed with their puck handling--very fluid and FAST.
    i also caught part of a Dallas game (dont remember which one) and was impressed with Dallas' ability to clamp down defensively and bottle-up center ice. fantastic!

oh, i think i see what you mean: that players may not hit the star players as hard out of respect. that may be true!

hopefully it goes away during the playoffs...crunch time!!!

i love a good hitting/lotsa checkin' game!

take care,
    Bob

I say we bring back the lost art of hip checking. Ouch!

Bring on the playoffs!