HOCKEY fans check in HERE ! !

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody know where i can find a dallas stars hockey jersey in coat sizes, 46, 48, etc..

most places have them in lg, xl, etc..

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Re: HOCKEY Jersey

tkl,

Last time we talked puck I said that your team was the one to beat and I still think so although my Ducks are in the number 6 slot. Yesterday, they played a great game (4-1) at home against the much hated Red Wings.

CCM is the official supplier for the Stars and the Ducks. Here is the link to the CCM site.

Their sweaters come in jacket sizes just as you requested.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

don't count out ottawa, they're tough. for some reason we have a hard time with the nashville predators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

thanks for the site but no online ordering, just a dealer search function. finding what i need locally is going to be a pain. i was hoping somebody knew of an online retailer i could just order it from.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Hats should be off to Ottawa. It's a team that plays its heart out every night even though they didn't get paid while the team struggled with finances. They played hard and it shows.

Now about this jersey thing. Sheesh, you Stars fans want everthing... Here is a site that I've heard of B4 and their prices seem good. I paid $224 for my jersey from another retailer.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff said:
Sheesh, you Stars fans want everthing...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, new arena, leading the league............pretty much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff said:
tkl,

Last time we talked puck I said that your team was the one to beat and I still think so although my Ducks are in the number 6 slot. Yesterday, they played a great game (4-1) at home against the much hated Red Wings...

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be some sort of typo, I know you must have meant the <font color="red">beloved Red Wings </font> . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I mean come on they are one of the Original Six and of course have the best sweater (Canadian for hockey jersey) and some of the all time best players (Gordie Howe anyone).

That said ... the Ducks did play a great game against my Wings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Pat

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

treek, i'm sorry to say i hate the wings too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened

Try ebay for a good deal on an authentic Stars sweater. You might also think about getting a vintage North Stars jersey, those are very cool (and you'd be kickin it old school).

Go Stars!!!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Pat,

Chelios is a goon although if the truth be told, every team would love to have him. But come on, Kariya is diving?!

Granted he's a little dude and a strong puff of wind could knock him over but the man has won the Lady Bing Award several times!

The geezers from Detroit need to win it this year or else some wholesale revamping is in order.

Did you come to the game on Sunday? Someone threw an octopus on the ice. We don't touch them sea insects; we scoop them up with a shovel.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff said:

The geezers from Detroit need to win it this year or else some wholesale revamping is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif so much talent doing so little is discouraging. if they don't make an outstanding showing this playoff season they should be revamped. anybody remember the washington redskins? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

the stars have been healthy all year until recently. not having guerin going into the playoffs will be tough.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must say I love the Red Wings and all their history, but the octopus throwing has got to go. Man, that gets old fast. I started following the Wings in the very rough Dead Things years (pre-Yzerman and his early years, very rough times) and it's just annoying that so many of those throwing octopii are fair weather fans who have no idea where it came from or why they are doing it.

Yes, it is sad to say the rebuilding years are coming soon for the Wings and if you follow baseball at all, you'll know Illitch is not good at rebuilding. The Tigers suck big time and will continue to do so; hell they are almost as bad as the Lions. Yikes!

By the way, the local team here in K'zoo used to be the Dallas Stars farm team in the IHL. They won their league championship with Ken Hitchcock as coach before he went to the bigs and won the Stanley Cup in Dallas.

Pat

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay, anybody know where i can get a coat sized jersey?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

You Dallas fans are unbelievable! I found you a site with good prices and ... and I don't know what to say! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Short of buying it myself and dropping it off at your house, I don't know what more I can do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

I think it's more of an attention thing. The Stars are fading as the playoffs arrive and the sun should've set on that franshise a long time ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I'm seeing a #1 getting beat by #8 in the near future. Desperate for limelight and headlines... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

the Wings are tough...and there are some other tough teams as well.

what i really love about hockey, is that when you meet the players, they are just regular folks--very approachable.

i dont know about other sports, but the hockey players such as the Red Wings really give back to society. they organize fundraisers and support cancer research, visit children's hospitals, raise money for great causes, etc...

they are a great bunch of folks. and they work DARN hard for their money.

Darren McCarty goes on a radio show pretty often here in Detroit, and he is extremely funny and "down to earth".

Bob<--live just outside Detroit.

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened

and Detroit is hockey town. It must be true, cause they paint it on the ice, right?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

no, silly.

it is painted UNDER the ice!

it just shows how supportive we are of our team. and no matter how much someone might dislike them, the Red Wings have terrorized the NHL for nearly a decade.

notice that in the above post, i did not crow about our recent domination over the NHL...but now it just feels good to say it. um...how many Stanley Cups have the Wings won in the last 10 years?

not bad for a bunch of old boys.

Bob

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

detroit is ready for retirement. they look dominant throughout different parts of the year but don't always make it to the big dance. they've got another year or two until they'll get used to the bottom of the barrel.

the red wings trainers must have a fortune in ben gay and geritol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah, i would love to see some more talented young blood in there.

many of the younger teams, though less experienced, have amazing speed and snap!

Bob

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

The Kings just traded Smolinsky to Ottawa and another player to the Dead Wings.

Ottawa is the team to beat in the east although the trade with Detroit doesn't, IMHO, help them that much.

LA simply was looking to unload payroll and didn't want to pony up the big bucks to retain their soon-to-be free agents.

My Ducks also made a trade and when the post season arrives, the Ducks will be in the Pond!