DFW, TX Flashapalooza 01-26-2008! 7pm to 11pm!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last one that happened really kicked butt!

As everyone knows, the time after Christmas often leaves a lot to be desired.
I would like to fix that with a January flashapalooza.
It doesn't take a lot for me to set up something like this as soon as the interest materializes.

It could be in Granbury, Tx, or it could be right here in Grand Prairie, Tx.
I'm still working on it.

National, or even international flashoholics will be welcomed with warm and bright arms on this one. :grouphug:

Edit!
Awright!! We are all set!! :rock:

January 26th of 2008 7pm to 11pm central time.

It's at the same Chinese Buffet restaurant as last time since we all lived! :grin2:
And, and the manager there remembered me when I phoned in the reservation a few minutes ago! :laughing: :tinfoil:

Great Wall Chinese Restaurant in Grand Prairie, Tx. behind the yellow, fried chicken place.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...latlng=32757087,-97027029,2530793090084639755
In the center of the dallas Fort Worth metropolitan complex.
See ya'll there! :grouphug: :party: :rock:

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: DFW, TX Flashapalooza of early 2008

You know I'll be there! I need my fix ;)

I'll start the promoting/advertising earlier and stir up some interest.

beetleguise

Enlightened

I will be there this time providing no family emergencies arise. Oh, and armed to the teeth with lumens!:D

beetleguise

Enlightened

I was really hoping lots of people attend this Nerd gathering, I missed the last one due to a family emergency. I am looking foreward to seeing some of the local modders work. Plus, I have some great modded lights to show off!:buddies:

ledaholic

Enlightened

Come on 3rd shift, get this thing rollin. People got lights to show off! :grin2:

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened

i'd like to attend too! i'm just a few hours south down in Bryan/College Station.... aka Aggieland... would probably make the trip if the timing works out!

X_Marine

Enlightened

Wow, I caught it.
I would love to attend where ever, although Granbury would be really nice. I'm in Houston and go to Granbury often to visit Mom and other friends. Might even the town square for a gathering. Don't know if possible but know ppl that do.

I do have a friend just south of Hillsboro with a few hundred acres on a hill, nice view of 35 from about a mile or 2 away.

He might even let us start some fires etc.. lol

Please keep me posted. email in profile.
ThanX
X/BillyD..

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you firm up the date fairly soon, I can probably arrange to take vacation again then so I can attend. I haven't submitted my vacation requests yet but will probably need to have them in shortly arfter the first of the year.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, I caught it.
I would love to attend where ever, although Granbury would be really nice. I'm in Houston and go to Granbury often to visit Mom and other friends. Might even the town square for a gathering. Don't know if possible but know ppl that do.

I do have a friend just south of Hillsboro with a few hundred acres on a hill, nice view of 35 from about a mile or 2 away.

He might even let us start some fires etc.. lol

Please keep me posted. email in profile.
ThanX
X/BillyD..

OOOhhhh...... I like this one, Outdoor Beam Shot potential... Might be a little cold this time of year though.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

I live in Granbury, would be nice to be in a place that is not too lit.. the highschool might work.... or even better Garcia's Mexican has plenty of seating and is out of town a couple of miles so its dark.

Anyway... I have a BB, and several LED assortments PD1 premium, my little friend, dragon laser, Hercules laser.... My BB is tricked out with tritium sticks...something some don't like, but makes it quite unique and even more noticable in the dark.. even when its off.. just in time for Christmas!

Last edited:

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened

Well I am a modder not only for flashlights. My collection is yet to be desired. As im new to flashaholism im embarrassed at my mininum collection. Would like to attend yet every place you all mention is like 700+ miles. Let me know where you all have this shindig(ha ha at a mexican restuarant) Try ours here in the valley close to Mexico. You guys would love the fajitas.
:party:
Merry Christmas, Fred :santa:

X_Marine

Enlightened

Well I am self employed so as long as I can get the bills paid (and one of my clients are not screaming) lol, I will be there.

Also yell if you need a banner or whatever done up as I do lots of graphics. Or maybe an animated gif with some of the previous pics and vid..

Prolly most important is communication and if someone wants to start an email group list to broadcast any news or updates with, all my info is in profile.
Also drop me a line or pm and I'll shoot you my cell#, which we should prolly all exchange anyway for the actual get together.

Note: If you are checking this post and are not receiving email notice's when there has been activity, them let us know so someone can make sure you are subscribed to this thread for instant notifications.

Just tell me to shush if needed.. :nana:

Seems I'm always busy but will do all I can to help, and to be there.. :twothumbs

ThanX
X/BillyD..

Zenster

Enlightened

I'm in Houston and self-employed as well, but Dallas is a ways away, so what we need is a sister event in Houston.

This would be a fun, annual event around Christmas time in Houston as well, and I would think there are enough who live here that would make it worthwhile.

Now that I think of it, this should expand and become a national event to take place every major city.

We may be at the forefront of an entire movement. :thumbsup:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's really funny is this,
I was running the DFW to Waco-Killeen route a couple weeks back but wasn't sure how long I would have it and never made a firm date for anything in central Texas.
Sure enough, I fixed the route and another driver has taken over it and has yet to goof it up. :thumbsup:

I'll try to put this one a little further south this time.
I'm kinda thinking Granbury.
I like that town for some reason.
Never met anyone there I didn't like. :grouphug:

Anyone, where is a good restaurant with a back room, or corner, in or near Granbury with a white ceiling?
Ideas are welcome.
Thanks ;)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I'll make a firm commitment to TRY and make this one.

It will have the same problem as last time. I would leave all the good people and have to drive home in the DARK.

I do the same thing one night a month on average to play poker. But I know the way home from that blindfolded!

There is no great way to get from here to Granbury and back without going out of the way.

My sister is getting a Garmin GPS with all the bells and whistles and that MIGHT help!

Anyhow I shall endeavor to try.

LEDite

Enlightened

Aircraft 800;

January is a good time for the Flashapalooza.

I would vote for somewhere between Dallas & Ft. Worth.

Love Field area in Dallas would also be convenient if several are flying in.

How are your Mag Light mods coming ?

Do have those new Crees pumping out?

I have a few triple Crees both in UV and White.

Larry

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

My attending a get together up in the DFW area kinda depends on how me and my cancer treatment are getting along. For those that don't know...I live in Granbury which is about 35 miles SW of Ft Worth. The bbq place where we had the other gettogether is close to my parents house which would make it easier for me to get too.

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

There seems to be plenty of interest.
I'm still kinda leaning for Granbury.
The barbecue place was very good, it just didn't have white ceilings or walls.
The lights coming over this time may be too bright for white suroundings anyway. :wow: :naughty:

The barbecue place in Garland had reservation dates available.
That was how I set that one up with the back room there.
If the one in Granbury has non-binding reservation dates available...... :thinking:
Roy, pm me thier phone number and I'll see what I can find out directly with them. ;)

If Granbury is too far out of the way for anyone in DFW, or points north of there, rest assured, I plan on doing another one in the middle of DFW sometime after the SHOT show too. ;)

beetleguise

Enlightened

Wherever it is, I will try to be there. But close to the heart of Dallas Ft. Worth is where I would like to see it. Of course it is closer to me in North Ft. Worth, but it would also be closer to the airports and probably more modders??
See you there.