KL4 and McE2S Help

Colby

Newly Enlightened
I just got a KL4 head and I'm working on setting my self up a TW4. I know I'm coming late but the head was a great deal and after doing some reading I found out I can put it on my e1e body. I'm really excited to bring this rig back into the EDC.

Now here's the question. What LOTC resistor value should I get for the McE2S? I've seen 22 and 15 ohms mentioned but no one ever compared the two. What do you in the know think? Any chance of anyone knowing the relative outputs? Also should I get the rubber boot too?

I'm not too bright when it comes to electronics. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I would test fire the KL4 on the E1e body first. Some KL4 will work nicely on the E1e if the VF is low, some not as bright, remember the KL4 is a 2 battery head.

I chose to run my TW4 on an AW 3.7 volt protected rechargeable without the McE2S.

Bill

Chao

Enlightened
I did some beamshots before (compared to general 6LED, 2AA light) with different ohms, the L4 ran with 2xCR123A, lux readings were 60 ohm: 35 lux, 30 ohm: 77 lux, 15 ohm: 150 lux, if you run L4 with 3.7V battery for TW4 setup, the output with using McE2S will be half in my experience.

6led.jpg
l4-150hm.jpg

l4-30ohm.jpg
l4-60ohm.jpg

I have L4 runtimes in my review, if you don't mind it's chinese version:)
http://fred-flashlights.tacomall.com.tw/DATA/L4/L4.htm

Colby

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. Chao, great pics really illustrated what I was looking for. Looks like the 30 or 60 is what I'm looking for.

Thanks Again!