WEIRD E-series switch? Multi-level

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved my other Surefire Scoutlight today. It came with the shrouded tailcap. Both tailcaps that I have like that were REALLY sticky and would have to be pressed a few times before it would release and turn off. I took the tailcap apart, lubed all the insides, and stretched the spring to help release the button. The one works 100% now! No issues at all!
The second one that I recieved today does the weirdest thing! With a slight amount of pressure it will turn on low. As it is pressed harder it will increase in brightness in about 5-7 increments!:twothumbs:naughty:
It is strange to say the least, but HEY! if it continues to work this way with no issues, I'll be supper happy that I have a multi (U2) level L4!

Anyone know why this would happen? Sounds like a contact problem, but it turns on full brightness when clicked ON.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't get it too do it real consistantly. I really have to try, but it will do it.

I wish someone would make a tailcap that would allow multi-level use....even at the expense of some added length.

BBL

Enlightened
Surefire clicky tailcaps know two positions: on and off - if there is anything in between, its broken. The e-series tailcaps have several points of failure, i would not trust them.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like your press for brightness idea, some type of pressure sensitive control circuit that could drive the lamp at different levels depending on pressure.

Latest posts