Question for LampGirl24 (Carley) replacement bulbs for Brinkmann LX / Surge

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
LampGirl24,

As you probably know, two very well thought of incandescent flashlights are the Brinkmann Legend LX, and the Princeton Tec Surge.

What Carley lamps would be an "upgrade" replacement to two already fine lights?

Thanks.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question Budd!

I was just wondering if there were both higher output and lower output bulbs that I could plug into my LXs for different uses.

Interested to see what we can find out.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
She probably is not. You would do better to ask for her when calling carley. I do not recall her name but I bet lemlux can tell you...

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
She has never been willing to answer any of these specific questions on this forum anyway.

She would answer "generic" questions, but if you asked for a specific brand/model of light, no answer was forthcoming.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
lampgirl24 is
Patty Taylor
Sales Associate
Carley Lamps
(310)325-8474
[email protected]

Patty is sensitive to proprietary lamps and lamp/reflector assemblies that Carley provides to flashlight manufacturers that are covered by non-disclosure agreements between Carley and the OEM.

I also imagine that Patty has been counseled not to incur liability of describing what she thinks is the highest wattage bulb that could be used in various flashlights without overstressing reflectors, lenses, sockets, etc. If I were Carley's lawyers I would probably advise Carley not to spec a maximum wattage for someone else's flashlight when the flashlight manufacturer is unwilling to publish the spec.

Patty is also understandably cautious in responding to questions like "What happens if I put a 1.1 A, 1.2 A, 1.3 A, 1.4 A, 1.5 A etc. bulbs in the #912 socket that says 1.0 A max. Her hedged answer is that she has heard that many customers at their own risk have tried 1.1 or 1.2 A bulbs in the socket without reporting problems.