River Rock (Look A Like?) Available at Walmart

Magichunter

Newly Enlightened
Was in Walmart earlier today and found a Christmas gift kit which contained what looks like a River Rock 4 AA lantern, a cheap pocket knife and some other gadget for around $10. It was near the camping/fishing/outdoor stuff aisles.

I have no idea of what the lantern quality would be but it looked identical to the River Rock that I once had. The only thing different was the absence of the name painted on the face of the light.

For those of you looking for another River Rock, this might be worth checking out....

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some terrible quality lanterns for sale that use the same body as the River Rock. Hopefully this isn't one of them.

airecon

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

linearintigrator

Newly Enlightened
If you have a Menards store nearby, they have the Sylvania lantern light on sale this week...$4.99 If there are no Menards in your area, check out having them shipped to you. Great little light for this price! dave

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I have the Sylvania, but by a different name (can't recall what it is at the moment), and the Energizer. The latter uses 4 AA batteries. Comparing both, I prefer the Energizer because the lighting is more even and no (if very little) artifacts. I haven't tried proving the manufacturer's claim of having a run time of 130 hours but that was one of the selling points for me.

As for the Sylvania/Osram (and whatever other brand it's under), I had cut a translucent 44 oz size cup and made a lamp shade to "smooth" out the light.