Best AA/AAA torch?

deeps

Newly Enlightened
I'm after either a AA or AAA battery powered torch. It can be two AA's or two AAA's. I want it to be around $20

What are my options? I'm looking on DX, and there doesn't seem to be very many?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a good/bright off the shelf flashlight with out doing any modifications, then I recommend the Rayovac Sportsmann 3-Watt LED ($25 from walmart). I have about 30 lights, and haven't been able to find a brighter light for the cost yet. Hope this helps!!!

deeps

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Perth, Australia, so we don't have walmarts :(

and yeh, after off the shelf with no mods.. preferably from DX

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Define best.

Your price range pretty much limits you to Dealextreme's and Kaidomain's lights.

They have quite a few AA powered lights. Just look in the Cree/Seoul/Rebel section(I've linked to DX's sections).

If you want simplicity, go for the MTE Seoul or Ultrafire C3.

Modes MTE Rebel 100 5 mode(or 20 mode if 5 is not enough, this one is also much brighter. The KD 5 mode V2 is cheaper but larger in size)

AAA battery? then the KD 1AAA Seoul would be your choice if you want a bright light and the Fenix E0 is a good choice if you want a dimmer but long running light.

:welcome:

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Rayovac 3W is essentially a rebranded Nuwai X3.

Very Good for an off the shelf light but there are better options online now(This Terralux is pretty much the same light except with a brighter and more efficient Rebel Emitter).

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rayovac 3W is essentially a rebranded Nuwai X3.

Very Good for an off the shelf light but there are better options online now(This Terralux is pretty much the same light except with a brighter and more efficient Rebel Emitter).

Nice find Gunner...that terralux is definitely on my list...I especially like the extened run-time!