Quick Fenix question...

GBone

Newly Enlightened
For all of you that have been around for awhile I have a question...

Fenix has a new "Holiday Edition" L0D Q4 on there site, the body is red HAIII.

I am not really not looking forward to carrying a red light, so does anyone know if Fenix usually releases these new editions with the higher output in the standard black and natural HAIII after the holidays? Or do I have go suck it up and carry a red torch if I want a Q4 in my L0D? :shrug:

Thanks for any help!

Marduke

Flashaholic
I'll put it this way. The last special release was a Q2 LOD middle of this year, and their current LOD-CE still uses a P4. I used the pocket clip to cover up the bells and snowflakes on mine, so the entire light looks just plain red. I sucked it up and got a Q4. The red is close to my alma mater's colors of crimson and white anyhow.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the red thing yesturday and plan on using black heat shrink around the center flats of the light. The black and red will look cool, add "gripability" and prevent noise when attached to my keychain. Problem solved. :)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can get the LOD Q4 in natural from ProlightJapan:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...html&prev=/search?q=millermods+aaa&hl=en&sa=G

just contact them by phone.

EDIT: Illuminum-led.com had a review of the LOD-Q4 and according to their numbers it was basically the same in brightness as their original LOD-CE with P4.

datiLED had installed a Q5 in his LOD-CE and it wasn't much of a difference, i think this is due to the higher Vf of the Q4/Q5.
the best thing to do would be to go through a bunch of Qbins and pick one with exceptionally lower Vf.

Last edited:

EV_007

Enlightened
Or stick a 10440 in it, and get some silly brightness out of it.

I love that setup. Everyone is blown away by the amount of light coming out of such a small form factor.

If one is mindful of the runtime and not get too carried away, then it is an awesome combination indeed.

The AAA series of lights offered by them are what grabbed my attention, and still does.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they would just release the thing in plain red, without the snowflakes...

GBone

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the input, sure wish the answer would have been a little closer to what I wanted to here. But oh well, guess I will pull the trigger on the red, snow flaked and bell decorated L0D Q4.....:ohgeez:

Perhaps I will see what my natural body looks like with the red head, just might be cute enough to EDC! :crackup:

Thanks again!!

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever put a red LED in the old luxeon Xmas LOD ?

Seems like a perfect home for a red Led.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's wrong with red? :) I think it looks sharp. It's not like clown nose red or something.

It takes a real man to carry a red flashlight. Or is that pink? I'd probably draw the line at pink. :)

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all of you that have been around for awhile I have a question...

Fenix has a new "Holiday Edition" L0D Q4 on there site, the body is red HAIII.

I am not really not looking forward to carrying a red light, so does anyone know if Fenix usually releases these new editions with the higher output in the standard black and natural HAIII after the holidays? Or do I have go suck it up and carry a red torch if I want a Q4 in my L0D? :shrug:

Thanks for any help!

it's sort of a lighter crimson (not a true dark crimson) shade and not a true Santa-suit red. it has sort of a metallic look to it and doesn't look particularly unmanly (not that i would give a hoot 'bout that - if i did, i sure wouldn't use Pooh as an avatar!).

the snowflakes are so tiny in size that you have to peer closely at them to recognize what they are. for all the uninformed know, the snowflakes appear to be some sort of logo.

real men will EDC red!!!

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Eh, just put the included clip over the snowflakes, and your light is now anti-roll, and your manhood is firmly intact.