Oddest comment from a sane person about your lights? Part 2

Illum

Flashaholic
Continued from here.

I've been laughing so loud after reading:
"If there is a 50% chance of rain you'll carry an umbrella. There is a 100% chance it will get dark tonight."
that i've quoted it to my girlfriend.
Responce was:
"Just because it's dark, it does not mean that You need a flashlight".

I'm speechless for the moment.

I'm still speechless from the day when my camp buddy left his flashlight at home but packed flares for the camping trip

I guess some people just don't see the significance of flashlights...PERIOD:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Continued from here.

I'm still speechless from the day when my camp buddy left his flashlight at home but packed flares for the camping trip

I guess some people just don't see the significance of flashlights...PERIOD:rolleyes:
Unless I'm swimming.... I can lay my hand on at least one light without moving my feet at all. The type of light depends on how far from home I am or plan to be. Minimum EDC is an Arc AAA-P. On a recent holiday to my wife's parents' holiday villa in Turkey, I packed several SF lights, up to and including my SF M6 as part of carry on luggage...... I got asked what my job was by Turkish airport security (but I didn't get anything confiscated, not even the 30+ Lithiums I was carrying in hand luggage).

Burgess

Flashaholic
seems i don't know too many "sane" people . . . . :whistle:

But i NEVER discuss the price/cost of my stuff. :tsk:

Camera equipment, flashlights, etc.

Uninformed people simply don't "get it".

And those who DO "get it" already KNOW ! :)

If they really press me, i simply answer:

"See your dealer."

_

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight, when I showed two of my buddies my new Surefire L4, one of them commented that I could sell my flashlight collection and retire with the money.

Illum

Flashaholic
Tonight, when I showed two of my buddies my new Surefire L4, one of them commented that I could sell my flashlight collection and retire with the money.

imagine that, wow, :thanks: I just found a constructive reason to buy more lights :nana:

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, just think of flashlights as investments. Especially rare and antique ones. Some have gone for pretty high prices on ebay as we've all seen.

Valolammas

Enlightened
I can't quote, because I wasn't there, but my wife told me the other day, that during their coffee break, she mentioned to a co-worker that I'm a flashaholic. Reportedly her colleague couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. :rolleyes:

IcantC

Enlightened
I can't quote, because I wasn't there, but my wife told me the other day, that during their coffee break, she mentioned to a co-worker that I'm a flashaholic. Reportedly her colleague couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. :rolleyes:

:crackup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
i don't understand what is so funny about being a Flashaholic.

:huh2: ___ :wtf:

But then, perhaps i may be a bit biased !

:whistle:

_

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Yup, there are two ways to interpret that word, and the "unenlightened" will probably chose the less desirable one.

KuoH

I...she mentioned to a co-worker that I'm a flashaholic. Reportedly her colleague couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. :rolleyes:

Valolammas

Enlightened
Yup, there are two ways to interpret that word, and the "unenlightened" will probably chose the less desirable one.

Oh, I just rephrased it in English. She didn't use that word of course, it doesn't even exist in Finnish. She probably just said something like (translated) "my husband has a flashlight hobby".

As for being funny, I don't really get it either. I do understand that it may seem an odd hobby to many people, but as far as hobbies go, at least it's a pretty useful one. And there are plenty of weirder ones out there...

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Addicted to... "flashahol"???:huh2:

Maybe she thought it meant addicted to flashing. That would be worth a good chuckle.

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha ha. But it was in Finnish. I thought it might have been the anatomical connotations, but I can't think of an appropriate way to mention that it is very much a guy hobby. (I guess that'll have to do.)

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Esthan said:
"If there is a 50% chance of rain you'll carry an umbrella. There is a 100% chance it will get dark tonight."
that i've quoted it to my girlfriend.
Responce was:
"Just because it's dark, it does not mean that You need a flashlight".

I'm speechless for the moment.

Just because it rains doesn't mean you need an umbrella either. But smart people that don't want to be inconvenienced prepare for problems that have a significant chance of occurring.

Last edited:

IcantC

Enlightened
Not really about me owning lights, but buying one. I purchased a Mag for the ROP mod. A friend asked what I did that day, I said I stopped by to grab a flashlight. His reponse "You bought a flashlight?Why?" He had the biggest clueless expression as if flashlights have no use and are obsolete :-/.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really thinking that if these people were sane they wouldn't be making odd comments. :) (TIC of course.)

:buddies:

Stromberg

Enlightened

I think that flashaholism is so new thing that the majority doesn't yet understand and respect it like addiction to cars, stamps etc. Or maybe the co-worker thinks its just another manly way for compensating something..?