need help replacing my stinger with an led

alanlee2274

Newly Enlightened
im interested in replacing my steamlight stinger with an led flashlight.my stinger is an everyday carry light i keep on my belt and im looking for an hid that is in the same general size area maybe even a little smaller and brighter.any help would be greatly appreciated.im new to the site and have searched several different brands but you guys are really knowlegable in this department so i thought i would ask you.again,size is very important because i carry it all day at work and at home.i am a machinist and need a very bright light in alot of the work that i do.again thank you very much.
progress.gif

Gunner12

Flashaholic
First question, do you need cradle charging?
If cradle charging is not needed, what batteries would you like to use?
Second, Price range?
Third, Output needed and/or multilevel?
Forth, How much abuse will the light see?
Fifth, beam pattern?

The Dereelight CL1H or the Lumapower M1-R(the Dereelight would be much easier to upgrade) might suite you if you can live without the cradle charging.

The Fenix P3D-CE Q5, or the L2D-CE Q5 might also work(8% off coupon for CPFers at FenixStore is "CPF8", both lights have less throw then the Stinger but more overall output).

Just a few examples

Or if you want to keep the Stinger, you could contact Milkyspit to have your flashlight modded and see what he can do for you.

With the LED, you might find that they might make things seem "flat".

:welcome:

Last edited: