Kirkland LED Christmas Lights Flickering

Gaffle

Enlightened
Last year we purchased the Kirkland (Costco) LED Christmas lights. They worked out great. We just broke out the lights today. We wrap lights around a piece of cedar rope, which we then hang from our house. I tested the lights during the day. Kind of hard to see them working. I had to put my gloves behind the lights to see if they were lit up.

We now have the cedar rope hung. I plug in the lights. My wife asks if the lights are on. I put my gloves behind a few bulbs, and yes, there is light. We then leave to take care of her grandmothers lawn.

Come home at dark. The lights were on so I was excited to show my daughter our little display. Errr, a section of lights is not working? Bahh. I look closely and the lights near the end of the string are dim and flickering. I count the lights. It is a 100 light string. Exactly 25 lights are barely working. There are 25 lights after this bad spot that work just fine. There are 50 lights before this bad spot that also work just fine. Well, I'm not an electrical engineer. I can just assume that one stupid LED in that strip of 25 lights is causing the problem. Too bad the LEDs cannot be replaced. I expected these lights to be permanent. I mean the box calls them "permanent lights". I didn't expect to replace anything.

Thankfully I believe I can take the lights back to Costco. That is why I pay for a membership. It will just be a PITA to take that stupid rope down again.

Right about know I wish I had some C9 bulbs up there. Heh...:shakehead

Walleye1

Newly Enlightened
Sylvania makes an LED xmas light line with replaceable LEDs, I know Walmart had them.