Ultrastinger Charger Doesn't light up

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I have an original Ultrastinger (purchased when they first came out) and its served my parents very well for the past few years. The switch cover has worn out, the lens has a slight bubble and the finish has its character marks.

I went home this weekend and noticed the charger doesn't light up anymore.

I don't have spare charger....but does anyone know if the battery no longer takes a charge if that would cause the charger not to light up? Or is it the charger thats busted?

Also how is Streamlights customer service?

lebox97

Enlightened

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A number of things can cause the charge light not to come on.

Top 2:
The contacts on the light and/or charging base are dirty-clean with alcohol.
Improper technique used to insert and remove the light from the cradle. The move is to slide the light backwards to engage the contacts and slide forward to remove. Don't try to snap the the light in or out of the clamps.

If you have a meter, check for DC voltage at the contacts.
Make sure the AC outlet you are using is still good.

Your battery would have to be very bad (open) to have no charge light. If it is several years old, you might be due for a replacement anyway.

The US is my go to dog walking light even though I have MANY other choices.

It is worth fixing, IMO.

Mark

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah..I went ahead and ordered a battery for it...

Im sending it in to Streamlight..for some reason there are no Los Angeles area Streamlight repair facilities.

Just hope they will replace the switch cover and lens. THey still work, just beat up..Not sure if thats covered, or just wear and tear.

Also does anyone make a higher capacity battery stick? Seems to me a lot of money can be made if someone can make a higher capacity battery stick that will work on factory chargers.