My new Fenix L2D Q5

aeronic

Newly Enlightened
Is perfect ... for me (first fenix light). The ability to use AA is fab.

Just the right amount of throw and spill, and knocks the socks of my inferior 2xAA maglight.

Now I realise what a true gem these LED lights are, I'm after something small that will fit in my pocket and dont know whether to buy a L1D or P2D body for this torch, or a different one - E0, L0D, E1 etc.

Do people find they change the body frequently or are complete flashaholics with plenty to choose from?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will find that Fenix comes out with new lights very quickly after new LEDs are released. Incredibly fast response to user input from us here as well. it's nice to see. Some do change bodies and parts as hey go, but I think most just purchase the new lights as they come out. Good luck with your L2D. I have a couple of the L2D CEs that i like, but really like the P3Ds too.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Get an L1D body as they are relatively inexpensive. Better still, get a new light such as Fenix L1T V2. Keeps your options open as you can swap the parts between this and your L2D. :twothumbs

justin504

Newly Enlightened
I first bought an L2D, which I though was amazing. Then I thought it would be nice to have a P2D to carry around, so I bought P2D body which has been on the light ever since. Then recently I bought an L0D for something a bit smaller to put on the keyring. Since then the P2D has hardly been used. The L0D is fantastic IMHO, very good spill, with a good hot spot.

daveman

Enlightened
Get the P2D Q5 for your pocket carrys, it's the best all-around EDC at the moment.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
where can we get the l1d body for our l2ds
i have three l2ds and could easily convert one to a l1d.
i was about to buy one anyways but might as well just buy the body.
how much are they?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the L2D Premium Rebel 100 and got the L1D body. I find I never use the L1D body as the L2D Turbo mode is so much brighter on two AA as opposed to one AA. But I don't EDC it, so maybe that makes a difference. I EDC a AAA light. I do find on the L2D 100 that medium or high mode are good enough. But that Turbo mode just rocks and is great for outdoor distance use.

aeronic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your responses. I think that I may buy the P2D body, to turn this into a true EDC. I just don't think that I could live with anything less than turbo! :)

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
you could run your l1d off a 14500.
that should be equal to the p2d setup i believe!
i'm looking to steer in that direction myself!

aeronic

Newly Enlightened
update: bought the L1D body, as I now have a very plentiful supply of hybrid AA batteries.

meuge

Enlightened
I'll second that. I love mine!

I'll third that. I absolutely love my P2D. It's smaller than the L1D, MUCH lighter (L1D with an Eneloop feels at least 1.5X heavier)... and has the Turbo mode, which lacks with the L1D. It seems like the best compromise to me.

I've been carrying it in the holster next to my cell phone for almost 3 months now, and since I am still on the 1st battery, I am not too worried about running out of CR123s, or paying to much to feed my light.

Certainly, nothing will replace the L2D for general use... but the P2D is the perfect EDC in my opinion.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
you could run your l1d off a 14500.
that should be equal to the p2d setup i believe! i'm looking to steer in that direction myself!
Does these combination reach 180 lumens? And a regulation will no longer possible, ie. the l1d will always be on "turbo"? Is this dangerous for the L1D? Have anybody tested it? I've heard, that a 14500 is a little bigger than a AA. I love lumens, but I do not want to destroy my LD1 Q5.