Anyone else love one cell lights........?

MikeM

Newly Enlightened
I've really been liking my small one cell lights lately,I still like the big flame throwers,but these little guys are too cool. :grin2: Just drop 'em in your pocket and go.

Mike

LittleLites.jpg

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection there. I actually only buy one cell lights. I suppose I just really like having a lot of light come from a small package.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice collection there, Mike. I prefer the one cell lights myself, though most of mine are AA and AAA.

Geoff

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My preference has always been for 1-cell lights. The exception would be for a light in the "AA" format. I could care less if my "AA" light took multiple cells or not. Case in point would be my PT Surge.

MikeM

Newly Enlightened
i like the convenience of one cell and they sure pack a punch with a decent run time! what are the two center lights in your collection?

The left center one is a Milky modded early SF KL1 head on a Vital Gear body and the one right center is a SF E1E head with a LF 3.6 volt lamp and a TAD Gear TIC bezel and a Vital Gear body.

Mike

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Nice collection.

My first 'proper' one cell light was a SF L1 (version just before the new Cree). Loved the running cost economy of it as I was using 2 cell lights. I have now discovered Fenix's range of single AA lights and now have 2 L1T V2's. They have a brightness that until recently would have been unheard of. More importantly, they are easy to pocket, so I now have a light on me at all times.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep...............prefer one cell, have a few larger lights, but the majority are one cell!!

some recent photos
225236983-M.jpg

172663442-M.jpg

60383018-M-2.jpg

On "older" picture of one cells...............no longer own any of the Mr Bulk lights except the LionHeart, far left......still have the Alephs and PD!
jeffb

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like one cell lights too. I have several CMG Infinity Ultras, an Arc LSL-P, Arc AA, 2 Arc AAA's, TnC Key Lux AA 350, CMG Sonic, a couple Inova X1's, and one that I can't remember the name of- same size as the CMG Infinity Ultra, but has a Luxeon 1 watt and is chrome (is it called the Chromestar or something?) And I'm not sure if it counts but I also have a couple Pal Lights, and another 9-volt 2 led light.

The one cell lights definitely have appeal. I'm considering getting a Surefire one cell light in the future.

Snow

Enlightened
I prefer 1 cell lights for EDC, no doubt. If I'll have a bag on me, I'll toss in a 2 cell, but you can't beat the compact size of a 1 cell for having on you person.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some 2 cell holsters ride nice on a belt (but usually not in a car), but with a single cell you have more carry options: lanyards, pockets, etc., so I tend to agree the everyone else. 1 cell rules.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Milky L1-BK is sweet! I also dig that Aleph Black KL1 with what looks to me like a new driver. Pretty sick! :thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic

gizmos are anything but small, they are compact, but they're not small...at least now small enough to carry around your neck

to ensure I EDC a light at all times, I wear my P1-CE [currently smallest cr123A Light I can find] around my neck...whether I'm sleeping, showering, swimming, etc....its holding up pretty well:huh:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
One cell lights MUST be LED to be bright.

I am quite fond of my Fenix P1, however TWICE when riding on my belt in the supplied holster face down the light got twisted on and killed a regular 123 and an Ultralast rechargeable 123.

Now I carry a rear clickie 1AA SSCP4 light on my belt and a River Rock 1AA LUX in my shirt pocket on the other side of the button. I always have some rechargeable AAs in the truck.

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I currently have my first single cell lights on the way. A cmg infinity ultra and an ultrafire c3. Now if I can just wait it out.:sick: