Arc AAA Premium CS vs. DS comparison shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

othersteve

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I know it's been asked before, but I thought this deserved its own thread as a lot of people would probably appreciate being able to find these. I'd do them myself, but I don't have a new Arc to do it with. :)

I am trying to determine whether it's worth ordering another Arc for the new DS LED (I use mine quite a bit, at least 15 minutes a day runtime I'd say), but I would love to see some comparison shots to help push me over the edge. It seems like the new LED is 40% brighter (in theory), but the best way to tell all the intricacies is simply by comparing beam shots. So could someone put some comparison shots together real quick?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
It's simple, really. You're asking a bunch of flashaholics if you should buy the latest improvement in a well-respected lighting tool.

We're going to tell you to buy it, of course! I haven't looked at the referenced thread lately, but I did my own beam comparisons, both before the DS was on the market, and after several had been shipped directly to my hot little hands (okay, they're not so little, but that's how the expression goes, so forgive me). I am thrilled I bought the ones I did, and I'm sure I'll be buying and recommending more. I've already given several as gifts, including shipping a few off to my brother who's serving in Iraq, so he could share with the other folks on his team.

I'm very impressed with this light, and I think you will be, too. It's your money, though, so it has to be your decision; I can only speak for myself.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's simple, really. You're asking a bunch of flashaholics if you should buy the latest improvement in a well-respected lighting tool.

We're going to tell you to buy it, of course! ...

I have several Arc AAA-Ps and a DS. I would buy another DS after the manufacturing quality improves, e.g., the beam is better centered and the battery tube doesn't shred the O-ring.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
To be honest, beamshots comparing these (2) lights would be a waste of time. They would only show the differences between those exact (2) lights. I have a slew of CS and DS Arc's. If I didn't keep them labeled, threw them in a pile and try to tell which is which by looking at the beam, I'd have a hell-of-a time.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would end up waiting forever in that case. Beam centering varies from unit to unit (like it says on our website) and o-rings will occasionaly still have the mold peel attached.

peter

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeek, I just looked at that beamshot page.

Wow.

Can anyone compare the "Snow" to the CS and DS for color?f

Psssst, Parnass -- wanta sell me your used DS at a discount? I don't mind a little off-axis for daily use.
I've held off, happy with my recent CS and my UV, telling myself I'm saving up for Gransee's next product so pinching pennies.
But after seeing those beamshots .... I've .... got ... this ... itch ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.