I think I'm addicted!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
This past weekend I bought my first Surefire, an L4. I had initially bought a G2, but the tailcap was too loose for my liking, so I returned it and got the L4 instead. I am really impressed! Very bright, smooth beam, as durable as any flashlight I've ever handled. I was so impressed that when I was in Lowes tonight after work, I picked up a 6P LED, and G2 LED. No tailcap issue with the G2 like the one I had tried the other day. I'm just as impressed with these two as I am with the L4. I'll probably get clickie tail switches for them, because I really like clickies. Sure it'll put a dent in my finances for a while, but now I see why everyone seems to like Surefires so much.

I'm guessing it's a long slippery slope, though! I'm betting these won't be the last Surefires I get.

donn_

Flashaholic
I love Surefires...especially the P's. I just screwed together a "12PD" this afternoon, running a Malkoff drop-in and 2x17670's. Solid as a rock, and a super amount of light coming out the front end.

Spence

Enlightened
Yeah, what MikeLip said, especially the L1 CREE (new version $135). I admit I'm sick, but I adore my SureFires. Going to order a U2 Ultra from Battery Junction right now. So long, pal.

:poke: :crackup:
broke.gif

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I too got the SureFire bug to some whila ago! I want it to slow down though...I just sold my brand new L1, Im aiming for the P versions instead, I really like the upgradeability of thoose lights. I dont use my lights that much, so when I finally do, they are going to be outdated...

But SureFire makes some very nice lights indeed!

Dont get to excited like me, and wind up :broke:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good start with the L4. Its one of the lights that I really miss using...(I sold it).....get a single cell light an E1L and you can then lego them...

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
The Surefire bug bites very hard. I can't seem to get enough of them! I only have ten but I'm certain that number will grow considerably!! You just have to get a U2, A2, and L1........

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Big Ed,

Don't think.......your already addicted......TOO late.

3 Sure Fires in a week.

Big-ED said:
Sure it'll put a dent in my finances for a while

Just change "for a while" to from now on.

L4 nice night.......put a McES2 switch on and you will have a excellent 2 stage (brightness) light.

I think the issue with the G2, was you got the OLDER NON-LOCKOUT G2, seeing you got the New G2 LED, they, have the new lockout swithces.

6P LED......nice light. Yep, you are off to an excellent start.

BUT..........take a look see at the new L1 a 2 stage 65 lumen high and 10 low and the EL2 Outdoorsman. also excellent lights.

Bill

This past weekend I bought my first Surefire, an L4. I had initially bought a G2, but the tailcap was too loose for my liking, so I returned it and got the L4 instead. I am really impressed! Very bright, smooth beam, as durable as any flashlight I've ever handled. I was so impressed that when I was in Lowes tonight after work, I picked up a 6P LED, and G2 LED. No tailcap issue with the G2 like the one I had tried the other day. I'm just as impressed with these two as I am with the L4. I'll probably get clickie tail switches for them, because I really like clickies. Sure it'll put a dent in my finances for a while, but now I see why everyone seems to like Surefires so much.

I'm guessing it's a long slippery slope, though! I'm betting these won't be the last Surefires I get.

cat

Enlightened
The U2 has that horrible wire clip. Otherwise - aside from it being so expensive - I'm tempted, because of the low 2 lumens and the simple way of switching levels.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights can be fun... but they are also very dangerous to the health of your wallet. (I can just see it now.. a parody of "Addicted to Love" entitled "Addicted to Light"..).

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once upon a time, I was addicted to the Magiltes.

A few months ago I first saw the Surefires on the Net, in Luxembourg you hardly see any, there's only one official dealer and you normally have to order the flashlights, I waited 2 months or so for my U2 to arrive, now I'm waiting for my L4.

But, only from studying them on the Net, I knew it was worth waiting for them and spending a fortune for an U2 (they cost the same price in EUR here than in USD). I hardly had tested the U2 when my wife switched on her L4 (birthday present) and I immediately knew I had to get one of these too!

So, I'm glad I can't go to a shop nearby and test them all, an L1 would ne the next one and one day I would use two credit cards to get The Beast II...

Along with the new addiction to teh Surefires came the idea to tune my Maglites. I ordered a kit from a guy in Germany, which transforms a MiniMag into a real flashlight (Cree 5W), far away from an L4 but excellent for the money the kit costs, if you already have the flashlight. As his kits for the big Maglites are hardly better than the original LEDs, I think I will buy new ones in a year or two, when the output has doubled once again.

But, perhaps a new Surefire will be first on the wishlist by that time... :D

To conclude : Flashlights have always been fun, but since LED you get mad with them!:crazy:

Greets,

Henk_Lu

Latest posts