TLE-1S in Railroad Lantern

Jim Holzemer

Newly Enlightened
I just received this module and am wondering if I dare install it as the order slip reminded to "make sure tip of bulb is + positive". The lantern that uses a 6V lantern battery of course w/ the center spring being negative has me wondering if it will damage the LED or simply fail to work when it turns on.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

rhuck60

Newly Enlightened
I just received this module and am wondering if I dare install it as the order slip reminded to "make sure tip of bulb is + positive". The lantern that uses a 6V lantern battery of course w/ the center spring being negative has me wondering if it will damage the LED or simply fail to work when it turns on.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

Since you are specifically warned about it, I'd guess that it will burn out if reverse connected.
Most of the time if a replacement has polarity protection it will just tell you to reverse polarity if it doesnt light up. Like all the bipin dropins for the AA minimag.
But it will be pretty hard to reverse the polarity of a typical 6 volt lantern.

I wouldnt take a chance since the only way to find out risks blowing it up.

PS is this the TLE-1S screw-in base or the TLE-1F PR2 base?
I have not been able to find a source for the screw-in based bulb and wanted to ask you where you got yours?

Jim Holzemer

Newly Enlightened
It is the screw-in base & I got it from ledreplacement.com. Sgt. LED: how,praytell, does one reposition 6V battery terminals?

Latest posts