Fenix Bike Flashlight mount

Beckler

Enlightened
Was happy to see the new mount that has shown up:

https://www.fenix-store.com/product...d=388&osCsid=a17a3c0270d8ecbc791f44900c378786

But disappointment sets in when you think of actually using this. I think two things need improving before we could have a viable (at least comparable to existing) bicycle lighting system.

1. It's too wide and clunky. This isn't even going to fit on my bike for instance since I already have other stuff on the handlebar. The mount really needs to be as slim as possible--preferably no wider than the light itself. Mounting 2 of these would be ridiculous! As anyone who rides a commuter bike knows, handlebar space is at a premium.

2. Quick release. Even if the screw-downs are easy to loosen (can't tell by pictures alone), it's still not quick realease. You have to be able to take the light off fast--to change the batteries and when you don't need the light (or don't want it stolen!). Note practically all bicycle lights have this.

Neither of these would be hard to implement. The 360 deg. swivel isn't important if it's being mounted on the handlebar. As existing mounts have, only a few degrees are required to center the light L to R.

Anyway I hope there's a Ver. 2.0 of this mount cause I've always wanted to use my Fenix on my bike. :)

Stromberg

Enlightened
Lockblocks aren't very sturdy in rough terrains but they are indeed handy when quick light install/remove is required.

Beckler

Enlightened
Yeah I was just kind of ignoring those since this new Fenix mount is of the serious type. :)