JetBeam C-LE V2 vs. RiverRock 1W 1AA

fishwatcher

Newly Enlightened
I am currently awaiting a back ordered JetBeam C-LE V2.

I've read all the reviews and am just waiting, waiting, waiting for it's arrival.

I have a RR 1W 1AA, and am wondering how they will compare? ie Target $20 retail 1AA light, vs. $30 boutique 1AA light (if that is the right terminology).

I also have a Coast "Tactical" 3W, 3 x AAA, which is my brightest light, and wonder how the little the JB with a single AA will compare to it as well?

Thanks!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only is the JetBeam a few times brighter, the beam color is actually incan-like compared to my blue RiverRock 1 Watter. The JB also has a heavier and more expensive feeling build. fishwatcher, hope you enjoy it.

fishwatcher

Newly Enlightened
swxb12. When I think of incandescent light color, I think of an ugly yellow tint. That isn't what you mean is it?

I agree, that my RR 1W, when compared to "whiter" lights, shows a slight pink/blue tint to it.

How do the sizes compare between the two?

Mod: Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I should have put this in the LED forum, and welcome a move of the thread.

Thx!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
swxb12. When I think of incandescent light color, I think of an ugly yellow tint. That isn't what you mean is it?

No, it's not exactly yellow or orange. The C-LE's beam will still appear white on its own, but compared to the RR directly it looks ivory/cream/very-light yellow. Definitely shows true colors better in the dark.

The JB is narrower at the head and about 3 millimeters shorter overall than the RR 1W -

clipboard02ox0.jpg

fishwatcher

Newly Enlightened
Sweet picture swxb12.

Thank you very much for posting your comments and the pic comparing the two.