Flickering Q5!

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered up a Q5 star and a 2106F IC driver to mod my 1xAA P4 DX light. Finally came in, and got it all wired up properly (or at least properly according to general concensus). Ran it for a few minutes and it was nice and bright with great tint... Then it started dimming nd flickering out :eek:

Pulled it apart to measure Vf (DMM in series between +led from driver to +led on star) and it read a steady 4.18V... Considering thats beyond peak rating for other bins and the Q5 peak s unlisted on the datasheet I'm worried the led may be shot now :(

I do have a ticket open on DX, but I as hoping somebody here may have more informative thoughts than they will (most likely just offer to replace the Q5 and board).

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran a P4 at overcurrent and the signal I got that it was going was that it started to flicker.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a bummer. I think DX sent me the wrong driver boards though, as they are rated at 3.7Vf and according to the spec's others posted there is no way in H311 I could be seeing 4.18V off of 1xAA NiMH cell.