Maglite TV commercial

Pher

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this is the right section, but I just saw a maglite commercial on the discovery channel. I only saw the end, but it talked about mags new MAGLED technoligy. I just thought I'd tell guys. I don't know if they've ever had a comercial before. If there is any other threads about it, please say.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
I recall having seen their commercials over the years, but last night for the first time saw their updated one which touts their MAG-LED Technology - during the final four seconds or so...

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen any commercials either, but have seen the LED Maglite - one version anyway - in the store.

h_nu

Enlightened
You guys must be young. Maglite used to have a TV add where they showed one run over by a truck and it still worked. I think it was in the late 80's. But it has been quite awhile since I saw them advertise. Maybe they are feeling some heat from the other guys.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw the same one as Pher. I started laughing when they called it bright. base don the style, I'd say it was produced in maybe '04.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have cable, so I only get to see what's on the big networks..

I do remember the one where the semi runs over a Maglite, though -

davidt

Enlightened
Haha, I was just about to start a thread about seeing a maglite commercial. It just aired on the history channel.

The commercial stated it was a great gift for the holidays.

1st maglite commercial on television i've seen.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I've seen the commercial a few times. It appears to be at least a few years old ... if not a decade or more. At the very end they have added a mention of their (old) LED models.

Anyone remember the comercial where the cop claims to have been on a bridge when it collapsed ... so he thought to reach into the glove compartment of his cruiser and pull out a flashlight to signal with? Was that a commercial for lights or batteries? :confused:

Pher

Newly Enlightened
LukeA, did the one you see have a bunch of different models shining in the air near the end? The one on youtube was not the one I saw.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw the same one as Pher. I started laughing when they called it bright. base don the style, I'd say it was produced in maybe '04.

I saw the commercial yesterday... I was laughing too. I think at one point it said "Brightest flashlights in the world". :ohgeez: They better start putting :caution: stickers on them! :crackup:

Don't get me wrong...I do love the MagLites... great host.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
never seen any maglite commercial though, probably not in Discovery channel asia. Funny to hear "brightest light in the world" propaganda :)
why are they so conservative in technology side but aggresive in their add?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve seen the commercial several times.

Makes me want to go out and get one of those spectacular Maglites!

:poke: :D

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the commercial yesterday... I was laughing too. I think at one point it said "Brightest flashlights in the world". :ohgeez: They better start putting :caution: stickers on them! :crackup:

Don't get me wrong...I do love the MagLites... great host.

I think that's what they said...but I could be wrong. Somebody correct me if so. I'll have to keep watching to see if the commercial comes up again.

hopkins

Enlightened
We've heard it all before hawking other products but it irks when they
do it to our beloved Flashlights.
-best detergent
-best steak
-best job
-best car
-best computer
-best bling
!!!