MAG LED Flashlight question

galvatron

Newly Enlightened
I have maybe a stupid question here but....

Do the 2D vs 3D vs 4D LED Flashlights from MAG actually differ in brightness, or do the additional cells just give more duration?

I ask because I know the incandescent lights get brighter with more cells because of the added voltage, but as far as I know, LED brightness doesn't necessarily go up with increasing voltage.

Can anyone enlighten me? For the life of me, I can't find anywhere on MAG's web site about the brightness levels of the different D LED Flashlights.

Thanks!

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have maybe a stupid question here but....

Do the 2D vs 3D vs 4D LED Flashlights from MAG actually differ in brightness, or do the additional cells just give more duration?

I ask because I know the incandescent lights get brighter with more cells because of the added voltage, but as far as I know, LED brightness doesn't necessarily go up with increasing voltage.

Can anyone enlighten me? For the life of me, I can't find anywhere on MAG's web site about the brightness levels of the different D LED Flashlights.

Thanks!

from the "Bible", so to speak, of FlashLightReview websites (QuickBeam's, of CPF fame, website):

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/maglite_mag-led.htm

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It would probably be a brighter(pun intended) idea to buy the Terralux drop-in. More output thanks to the twice as efficient LED. 2-3 cell version, 4-6 cell version.

The 4D version of the MagLED would be a bit brighter and much longer running then the 2D version of the MagLED.

:welcome: