Mag lite upgrade worth it? 3D 2AA?

tritan

Newly Enlightened
I know I have read about these before but can't seem to find them in a search. Is the upgrade worth it for the AA and 3D models? I have a 2 C model also wonder about that unit of mag do they make a upgrade? If so where is the best place to buy?

thanks

ps just got the Streamlight stylus pro and it rocks for work replacing my streamlight stylus.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which upgrade are you talking about?

Maglite's own MagLED upgrade for D-cell lights are definetely a big improvement over the incadecsent lights when it comes to output and runtime. And now there are even better upgrades out (Terralux and Malkoff) that beats the MagLED for output.

There are no Maglite upgrade for AA-lights, you have to buy a whole new light. If you like the old minimag, youll like the new one too(allthough it dies suddenly without a warnin when the batteries are finished, or so I've been told), but there are so much better AA-light options there over MagLED, so I wouldn't recommend it.
There are some other dropin upgrades for maglite AA, like niteize and terralux.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2 C model also wonder about that

I've got an old style 2C that won't take a Malkoff dropin. I recently picked up a MagLED dropin for it. It's a nice step up from the Krypton bulb. I wasn't impressed comparing it to my other lights, but when I turned it on in the hallway where it's been sitting for 10 years, I was surprised at the difference. Seems like all the big box hardware stores carry them.

All you need to know here:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/maglite_mag-led.htm

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Terralux drop-in should also work for the 2C maglite. Should be brighter then the MagLED drop-ins.

For the minimag, it might be wiser to just drop the light and buy a new one. This one's a good drop-in if you want a long runtime with good output.

roymail

Enlightened

Burgess

Flashaholic
A big ThumbsUp for the Mini-Mag upgrade module
mentioned in Post #4. :thumbsup:

That's the ArcMania SMJLED 2-AA module, sold by Sandwich Shoppe.

Truly a wonderful improvement to the classic Mini-Mag.

I recommend it highly. :party:

_