TIGERLIGHT - T-100

djblank87

Enlightened
I just got an email introducing the Tigerlight T-100.

This is the link to the product description
http://tigerlightusa.com

Anyone have any information on this product.

I got the email to regarding this light. I believe and could be wrong but tis particular light was built with the the primary users being a women. Something to carry in a purse and so on.

But a small, OC filled light that has red and white LED's in it could be something that would work great for men and women alike.

Kremer

Enlightened
I just saw the 30min infomercial on NGC.
It looks like the two triggers on the grip are for the light function, lower trigger alternates between low level and utility red and white LED's, the upper trigger selects 100 lumen LED momentary and strobe. The OC button is on the thumb under a flip up lid on the top, like the big TL. It appears the thing runs on 2x123's. I think I heard it holds 1/2oz of spray. The drama is a little overkill, but it gets the point across. I think the best parts are where Teig is explaning the light and waving it around showing how fast it is to flip through the functions, with everything mostly hidden in your hand, and all three buttons under your fingers nicely. It looks like there's a wrist strap or something that's pretty beefy, to keep it from getting knocked away from you.

$89.85 + s/h

~Dougk

EDIT: I'm really interested in what the 'series 2 TL' has to offer also.

djblank87

Enlightened
I just saw the 30min infomercial on NGC.
It looks like the two triggers on the grip are for the light function, lower trigger alternates between low level and utility red and white LED's, the upper trigger selects 100 lumen LED momentary and strobe. The OC button is on the thumb under a flip up lid on the top, like the big TL. It appears the thing runs on 2x123's. I think I heard it holds 1/2oz of spray. The drama is a little overkill, but it gets the point across. I think the best parts are where Teig is explaning the light and waving it around showing how fast it is to flip through the functions, with everything mostly hidden in your hand, and all three buttons under your fingers nicely. It looks like there's a wrist strap or something that's pretty beefy, to keep it from getting knocked away from you.

$89.85 + s/h

~Dougk

EDIT: I'm really interested in what the 'series 2 TL' has to offer also.

I have only herd that there was a Series 2 coming out soon but do not know anything at all about it. Kremer do have any information regarding the Series 2?

Kremer

Enlightened
Nope, only the picture on the website, it looks to be about the same size and configuration as the original, I diddn't see a gold ring, and the finish appears more matte, maybe a rubberized coating? I think I may have glimpsed it in the infomercial once or twice. Maybe js or Michael will be able to post information on both lights for us :)
~Dougk

djblank87

Enlightened
Nope, only the picture on the website, it looks to be about the same size and configuration as the original, I diddn't see a gold ring, and the finish appears more matte, maybe a rubberized coating? I think I may have glimpsed it in the infomercial once or twice. Maybe js or Michael will be able to post information on both lights for us :)
~Dougk

I would like to see a nice, bright LED in there pumping out just a huge amount of lumens but we will see. I was wondering if Jim was going to post any news about this, maybe he has to wait until it is out before anything is said. :thinking:

BrightParrot

Newly Enlightened
According to UPS, my T-100 should be arriving on Friday!! :twothumbsIf anyone would like me to, I'd be glad to give it a quick review....

ajairlines

Newly Enlightened
Hi BrightParrot:

Yes, I'd like to see your review of the T-100 when you get the chance. I own a Tigerlight Gold and keep it with me when I'm out at night walking my dogs. Bright light with a "bite" if necessary.

A.J.

Kremer

Enlightened
Please don't spray yourself as part of the review, unless you find it necessary for completeness. :devil: :eek: :mecry: :thumbsup: :popcorn:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T100 runs from a single 123, I believe.

TigerLight was supposed to send me one of these to review, but they didn't, unfortunately. I'm rather short on cash right now, so I'm not going to buy one this month. Thus, unless TigerLight sends me one, I won't review this until at least February. However, I definitely WILL be reviewing it at some point.

I can tell you that from my conversations with Eric and Michael and Randy, that it uses a single 123 and a K2 emiter and has multiple levels via a PWM controller circuit. Plus there are the extra LED's and switch positions mentioned, and, of course, the OC spray (which is why the light looks like a 2 123 setup).

I'm sorry I didn't just buy this light back when it was first available because then I would have a review up by now. But I didn't.

Ah, well, as I said, I will review the light at some point.

As for the series 2 TigerLight, the biggest change is the lack of the gold ring. Other than that it's pretty much identicle to the first series. Some minor things have been changed that needed to be addressed, but it's transparent for most users.

BrightParrot

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry I didn't just buy this light back when it was first available because then I would have a review up by now.
I dunno about that.... I ordered mine on black friday, but after talking to Eric, apparently there were issues with the fullfilment house...
:oops:
But the good news is, they have started shipping!!:thumbsup:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The website still seems to say "coming next week" though...or at least it did this morning.
I still intend to buy one of these for my wife when she walks the dog.

BrightParrot

Newly Enlightened
The website still seems to say "coming next week" though...or at least it did this morning.
I still intend to buy one of these for my wife when she walks the dog.
That's the main Tigerlight site - it's been next week for a while now. You have to go off of the TigerlightUSA site for the T-100's at the moment.

OceanView

Enlightened
video of the new T-100
Interesting. I hadn't thought of it until this guy mentioned it, but it's a metal-bodied light. I guess I just assumed it would be a polymer light.

And it looks like a handful, even in a guy's hand.