Anyone have Problems with Pacific Tactical?

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Based on recommendations here, I bought a Thunder AX light, which has died. No response from PTS so far. Just a little ticked off, and they are too far away to drive by and throw the light threw thewir window. Suggestions?

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
When did you buy it? When did you first try to contact them about the problem? How many times have you tried to contact them and by what means (phone, email, etc.)?

bspofford

Enlightened
I had a dead 14500 cell and a Fenix light with a body thread that was mistakenly glued. Other products were OK, and PTS replaced the defective items immediately. I was generally pleased with their service, and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I just shipped back a really crappy drop-in, they have been good to me. Even said they would hand pick me a better performer! :twothumbs

GreySave

Enlightened
Mike at PTS has always delivered great service, including the replacement of the one defective item I received. Given that this was fairly close to the Thanksgiving weekend it is possible that they have been unavailable. I would not lose faith yet.

cliff

Newly Enlightened
Based on recommendations here, I bought a Thunder AX light, which has died.

One of the emitter modules on my AX pooped out 30 minutes after the light arrived, but Mike had another one in my hands (in MN) within 3 days, and he was very prompt and courteous in his email communications. Maybe he is dealing with some problems on his end.

Since then my Thunder died completely a couple times, and it turned out that the controller had unscrewed a bit in the head (that is the part the emitters screw into). I put some pumbers tape on the threads and this makes the fit more snug. Other than that I have been running the thing constantly, draining out a pair of 18650s every couple days and there have been no problems.

Taboot

Enlightened
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. The USPS lost it. The day after it was supposed to arrive, PTS shipped the whole order again, this time express on their dime. I communicated with Mike via the support@paci.... email address and had good response time from him.

FWIW,

T

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My crappy drop-in is back, it is the exact same one I sent in. I marked the outside of the reflector with an X scratch near the base as I am a paranoid type with returns. The good news is they seemed to fix up the drop in because it is now brighter and the super ringy beam is better as well! You would of assumed they would just of shipped out a new one and tossed the old, but they actually fixed it! :D Quite happy now.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure, but the drop in's seem to have a screw on reflector on most models. Maybe the reflector is the same and the emitter is different.

PTS has been good to me. E mail is sometimes slow depending on when sent, especially the weekend as Mike works gun shows on the weekend. I'm sure his weekend e mail volume is pretty large.

Secur1

Enlightened
Well as you probably show in my post in the Jeers section, PTS has been very very busy, more so than they expected for the holiday season, even with the extra hands they hired.
I understand your concern but i am sure that Mike will reply to you and sort you out soon enough.