What are the differences in the various Mag drop-in

Enlightened
I picked up a 4D mag from Lowes during their Black Friday sale for $10 for the family to give me for a Christmas present. I also thought it would be good to have a hefty one to leave around the house and so that I have something to outthrow my Fenix lights if the need arises.

Anyways, can anyone sum up the differences in the various Mag dropins? I've never really paid any attention to threads on them up to this point and am completely lost now. Specifically how well regulated are they as the batteries run down and what emitters do they use? I would prefer to have something with a Rebel or Q5 emitter if at all possible so do any use those yet?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Terralux 4-6D drop-in has a Cree LED(I think, either that or a Seoul P4 U bin).

The brightest one would be the Malkoffdevices drop-in.

I think the main difference between these two is the Terralux is smaller, doesn't driver the LED as hard, and mass produced. The Malkoffdvices is hand made, has a good heatsink and drives that LED at it's rated limit.

Enlightened
The Terralux 4-6D drop-in has a Cree LED(I think, either that or a Seoul P4 U bin).

The brightest one would be the Malkoffdevices drop-in.

I think the main difference between these two is the Terralux is smaller, doesn't driver the LED as hard, and mass produced. The Malkoffdvices is hand made, has a good heatsink and drives that LED at it's rated limit.

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere about some of the drop-ins allowing for multiple output levels by turning the light off and on again to cycle through them. Do those exist and are they any count or am I just imagining things? Otherwise that Malkoff sounds NICE (with a nice price to go with it I might add).

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MagLed dropin you can pick up at a local hardware store for about $20. luxeon Led, more output than the krypton bulb and 44hr runtime.

The TerraLux you can order online for a little more plus shipping depending on the deal. More output than the MagLed, but not as long runtime.

The Malkoff you have to work at a little to snag one when they're available at his website. Costs $75. Good design, best output.

Enlightened
The MagLed dropin you can pick up at a local hardware store for about $20. luxeon Led, more output than the krypton bulb and 44hr runtime.

The TerraLux you can order online for a little more plus shipping depending on the deal. More output than the MagLed, but not as long runtime.

The Malkoff you have to work at a little to snag one when they're available at his website. Costs $75. Good design, best output.

I doubt I really want to go with the MagLED but what is the output like compared to the TerraLux? With both longer runtime and a less efficient emitter I would think that it surely has to be significantly less. Would it be safe to say that the TerraLux has an output somewhere between my P3D's high and turbo settings (but with the variable focus option, of course).