what, no "tomorrow the T-1's ship!!" thread ?

Saiga

Enlightened
Everytime i read about someone getting all weak-kneed and giggly about a new light about to arrive, i think to myself " self, now there's a real dork that needs to get a life". But damned if i didn't head straight for the computer when i got home tonight, and check to see if there's any info on the upcoming fenix shipping. I'm really stoked about this latest toy, i'm like a little kid peeking around the banister on christmas eve !!
what a dork.:D

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't feel bad, I was very excited about getting this light too, until I called Fenix-Store today about it. I was really curious about the clip, and whether or not it scraped the body (battery tube) when switching modes. The rep from Fenix told me that it did, but that you don't have turn it much to change modes.

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. I didn't really need this light as it is very similar in size/output to my Deree CL1H, but I love my other Fenix light and wanted it. But I just felt that it was poor design to attach a clip in such a way that the steel clip will constantly scrape against the softer aluminum surface and eventually mark up or even put a grove in the surface of the light.

It's too bad - I was really excited about this light.

Saiga

Enlightened
well, i guess somebody just peed in my cornflakes ! If anyone needs me, i'll be in the bathtub with a bottle of vodka and a box of razor blades. :D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:thumbsup: Make sure to drink lots of Vodka first as it tends to take away pain and make you bleed faster! (Don't actually do this!) But really I think it will be a good light for fenix. Enjoy your new light when it arrives.

herolet

Newly Enlightened
Just learned that the shipping date of T1 has been changed to December 3, 2007. Few more days to wait :crazy:

jugg2

Enlightened
I can't wait! How long is shipping from the Fenix Store? (I am a first time buyer)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, i guess somebody just peed in my cornflakes ! If anyone needs me, i'll be in the bathtub with a bottle of vodka and a box of razor blades. :D
Sorry....I didn't mean to...:oops:

Actually, Trevor at the Fenix-Store was very kind to tell me about the light, and said he loved it after seeing it and already bought one. He said that although the clip turns with the head, you can lift the clip while turning the head if it worries you. He also said that the HA III would probably protect the body pretty well. I am just funny about stuff like this, and didn't want to mess with it. I'm sure I'll be the one missing out....:sigh:

mechBgon

Enlightened
I can't wait! How long is shipping from the Fenix Store? (I am a first time buyer)

I only have one order with them so far, but I sprung for the $5 priority shipping upcharge and it made it from Georgia to the Pacific coast in two days from ordering. :thumbsup:

jugg2

Enlightened
Cool! But is anyone else as depressed as I am that it doesn't ship for another 5 days? I mean come on I want it NOW! Well I guess I will start the 2nd countdown....:sigh:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it comes with textured reflector instead of smooth that was suggested, I wonder why.

What makes you say that? Where did you hear or see this?

The one pictured on Fenix-store.com shows a smooth reflector, and there is no mention of an OP reflector.

"Highly efficient focusing head - throws beam over 200 meters"

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Fenix-store likes to go with OP, it would be a shame if they had a OP put in the T1 as it would totally change how the light was advertised. I doubt it would throw 200+ meters with an OP. Maybe it comes with both?

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
well, obviously i'm a little disappointed to learn of a delay in shipping, but if it turns out to NOT be a big thrower as well, i'm going to be downright pissed. A double-whammy jack-off like this, with all the great lights out and coming out, would be enough for me to send it back, order a DBS after all, and swear off fenix for life.
and thanks for the tip Marduke, took me a second, but then it cracked me up !!!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I'd probably prefer OP, especially if the reflector isn't easily changed. There are plenty of lights designed for throw, but their use is more specialized. I think the T1 will OP will be better for the majority of people using it, however I can see how some maybe upset if they were expecting a smooth reflector and lots of throw.

Even with OP, it may still reach out to 200 meters, but just not as well as if it had a smooth reflector.

Hopefully reflectors can be swapped by the user and smooth reflectors can be made available to those who want them. I'm hoping to have my T1 tomorrow (went with over night shipping), so I'll post a review tomorrow if I get it.