100 lumen aaa light reliable?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
anyone figure out how to make kiadomains lil 100 lumen light run reliably.
there is no tail spring so i had to peel back the battery wrapping.
well then it wanted to flicker, i guess whenever the exposed sides of the battery hit the inside wall of the flashlight, causing a connection.

what's your secret?
that would be a great gift light.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any recommendations on where to buy a tailspring? - And can it be effectively/safely attached without solder? (ex. drop of superglue?)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Any recommendations on where to buy a tailspring? - And can it be effectively/safely attached without solder? (ex. drop of superglue?)

Scavenge a few old ballpoint pens, find the right spring, spend 20 minutes and 2 pairs of needle nose pliers bending it into the right shape, and friction fit it in.

OR

Scavenge the spring out of a crap 1xAAA light. I always seem to get them off the goodie tables at various fairs, conferences, etc. Spend 5 minutes and 2 pairs of needle nose pliers and friction fit it inside.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scavenge a few old ballpoint pens, find the right spring, spend 20 minutes and 2 pairs of needle nose pliers bending it into the right shape, and friction fit it in.

OR

Scavenge the spring out of a crap 1xAAA light. I always seem to get them off the goodie tables at various fairs, conferences, etc. Spend 5 minutes and 2 pairs of needle nose pliers and friction fit it inside.

Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion, Marduke.