converted a new flashaholic

Enlightened
One of the neighbor kids (14) a from a couple of houses down is always down here hanging out and he sometimes likes to help out with stuff around the house sometimes (like putting up Christmas lights and trying to build a treehouse for our kids). We let him since he's really not a bad kid, he just fell in with a bad crowd awhile back and got expelled from school for the year, probation (which he just got off of) and the like. Plus we figure if he's here then maybe we can be a good influence on him and at least he's not out getting into trouble.

Anyways, he was helping me to put up some of our Christmas lights on the house Sunday night. To keep my hands free I used my Apex. I think he started to say something about how I looked until I hit the power switch and he realized how much light the thing really puts out with the new P4 emitter and how nice it was to have my hands free. Then he had no trouble wearing my old River Rock 2xAAA headlamp to help me out. Anyways, at one point I handed him my L2D Rebel and the kid fell in love with it almost immediately (especially the stobe feature and the sheer output). He kept asking me if he could have it until I told him how much it cost and why would I give it to him? So now he just looks for an excuse to use it every chance he gets.

I've already talked to the wife and I think I'm going to try to find him a good quality light for Christmas maybe (with stobe, of course). Maybe something off the BST forums.

IcantC

Enlightened
Sounds like a great story and nice of you to help the kid. I would warn him of misuse of the light and the strobe feature, with him being 14 and all.

Also if anything perhaps a decent light from DX?

Enlightened
Sounds like a great story and nice of you to help the kid. I would warn him of misuse of the light and the strobe feature, with him being 14 and all.

Also if anything perhaps a decent light from DX?

Yeah, I know. He keeps wanting to strobe it out into the street a couple of houses up (cause he thinks the cars keep slowing down when he does it) and I keep getting onto him for it that he's going to get into trouble or cause an accident (though, granted, people DO need to slow down on that street. It's a little cut through that people take to avoid a fairly major intersection and the speed limit is 30 but people go flying through at 40-50 quite often).