runtime question l1d/p2d

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i'm debating between these two lights.
l1d with 14500 only.

so my question is,
which one has the greater runtime
14500 battery or rechargeables for the p2d, whatever they're called.
are there more than one for the p2d?

should be same brightness between the two lights right?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Might want to try reading your thread responses. It doesn't help that you've ask this same question several times is several threads...

No idea on that one. You should check Selfbuilt's thread. He just updated it with some L1D CE Q5 results on 14500.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172434

Check the 5th graph down.

As you can see, the L1D CE Q5 is a winner on 14500. It's also among the best with Nimh and Alkaline.

The Ultrafire C3 5-mode seems like a good gamble, although there have been issues reported.

And this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/175758

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
whereas i usually appreciate your input marduke,
i must point out that the l1d q5 on 14500s noted in seths review neither mentions the brightness or runtime of the p2d OR the actual lumens output of the 14500, merely a relative lightbox aparatus (wonderful creation of his) used for direct comparisons.
unless he has compared the p2d on rechargeables,
i won't know the answer to my question to guide me where i want to go with this next light purchase.

how about i simplify the question for now.
anyone know how many mah the rcr123s are.
i do not have experience with them, and i'm not even sure i referenced them right.
are they 3.0 volt?
aren't there two options for the p2d on rechargeables?

Marduke

Flashaholic
whereas i usually appreciate your input marduke,
i must point out that the l1d q5 on 14500s noted in seths review neither mentions the brightness or runtime of the p2d OR the actual lumens output of the 14500, merely a relative lightbox aparatus (wonderful creation of his) used for direct comparisons.
unless he has compared the p2d on rechargeables,
i won't know the answer to my question to guide me where i want to go with this next light purchase.

how about i simplify the question for now.
anyone know how many mah the rcr123s are.
i do not have experience with them, and i'm not even sure i referenced them right.
are they 3.0 volt?
aren't there two options for the p2d on rechargeables?

Did you even read the links provided, because they gave exactly what you asked for, a relative output and RUNTIMES of the L1D on 14500's and the P2D on AW's 3.7v RCR123's.