Gladius draining power

medaroff

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a few posts talking about Gladius draining the batteries even when off. I have the same problem. Occasionally, it drains off the battery within just a few days after using it for total of 5 min. It would do that when it's in locked position too. This is becoming very annoying- I have never gotten to the point when the Gladius starts flashing showing that the batteries are low. Completely unpredictably, one days it works fine, the next day the batteries are simply dead. I sent it to Night-ops for repair. Can you guys, Gladius owners, confirm the same problem and if you've noticed any pattern when this happens? Should it be kept far from any magnetic fields or who knows what?

medaroff

Newly Enlightened
S/N in 25,000 range. I haven't received it yet back from Night OPS. I'll keep you guys posted.

medaroff

Newly Enlightened
FYI, I received my Gladius back. Apparently, the cap was faulty. For now, the flashlight is working OK but it may be too early for final conclusions.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I have two, one stock and one with the P4 mod. Neither has drained batteries while lights are off.

I sure hope your problem is fixed when you get your Gladius back!

winston

Enlightened
I was on the phone with Night-Ops (this battery hemorrhage issue has been issued its own switchboard extension) this morning - making arrangements for Gladius surgery - and couldn't find the serial number on the light.

This is sort of how the conversation went:

Her: "It's the only number on the light, so it should be pretty apparent."
Me: "The only number on the light is: #01000, and that can't be it. That's not
complicated enough to be a serial number."
Her: "Well, You can keep looking if you want to, but I don't think you'll look
back on that effort as 'time well spent.' I'm going to put down #01000."
Me: "Okie-Dokie."

I'm dumb in the morning.
-Winston