• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Nautilus Flashlight - Hardcoat Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

A lot of people asked about a run of an aluminum Nautilus so I decided to go ahead with a relatively small batch to make a version that was a bit more generally affordable. I partnered up with Flashlightshop (www.flashlightshop.de) in Germany, as you saw, as well as BrightGuy (www.brightguy.com) here in the United States to provide some local and quick sources to help get the lights out to you guys.

I just finished building them up today and have a few available for those who are interested. A couple of photos:

2070482792_2228a34e50.jpg

2070482328_f77cacc6f6.jpg

2069688705_4fc25c4130.jpg

These have all the same specs as the Titanium lights, except that they're made from 6061-T6 aluminum, Hard Anodized in Black and Natural, and weigh 2 ounces (57 grams). The same runtime of 2:45 on a single CR123 on high mode, ultra clear lenses, size, styling, etc. are still present in this version. :)

Here is a brief summary of the light's features:
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Q5 Flux Bin CREE XR-E – 107 Lumens Minimum Output from the LED
- MilSpec Type III Hardcoat Anodized Aluminum with Brass Innards
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- ChemKote Interior for Enhanced Corrosion Protection
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, 75 Hour Runtime on Low Mode

(1/25/2008: All Hardcoat Lights Gone. Only two pink ones left (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2320964&postcount=140))

Take care folks!

-Enrique

Last edited:

charlesn

Enlightened
Awesome, Enrique... PP sent for one black Nautilus.

Guys, if you missed out on the Ti version (which I already own), or skipped it because of price, DON'T MISS the chance to own the much less expensive aluminum version of one of the finest custom lights ever offered on CPF.

Last edited:

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Great work! Seriously impressed by your response to CPF member/customer demands/wishes!

Very tempted myself...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

I had the titanium version and liked it plenty, but the silver and the gold was a bit too flashy for me and the light was a bit heavier than I wanted. I really liked the beam on the light on both the high and low version and the size of the light so I couldn't resist such a reasonably priced aluminum version.

I believe that I will be happier with the aluminum HA version.

I ordered mine in natural.

Good job Enrique!

charlesn

Enlightened
If the Aluminum lights match the standards of the Ti version--and the pics would indicate that they do--you will not find a light on CPF with more flawless workmanship than the Nautilus or better all-round performance given the goals for its design. While personal tastes will cause people to differ on what makes the "perfect" EDC light, the Nautilus unquestionably belongs amongst the top contenders for that crown.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
charlesn,

I agree with you and I am glad to see this version. I can't wait to get it and I am glad to see you getting excited about lights again!

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant pass this one up:)

paypal sent for 1 natural.

Last edited:

T_K

Newly Enlightened
PayPal sent for one natural. (Express Mail shipping)

:thanks:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Folks,

I'll be getting these shipped out to everyone come tomorrow afternoon via USPS Priority Mail for those in the US and Express for those outside, I'd expect most of you should receive them by Monday or Tuesday - Let me know whenever they arrive. :)

Take care folks!

-Enrique

Toxic518

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

Needed a good back up light for work and I think the Nautilus will be perfect.

Russki

Enlightened
I see lot of people saying good words about this light.
Can not resist :paypal: send.
P.S. Just wondering why nobody makes similar light accommodating 18650 batteries?
That would be a killer. :thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
this light sounds great. :thumbsup:

:popcorn:

(but can't you make it in RED, with little snowflakes ?)

:aaa:
_

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
sed6: The engraving at the end of the light is present on all the lights, yes. :)

Burgess: You're joking, right? :crazy: I'd generally say be careful what you wish for, since one time someone quipped about a Pink flashlight, so I ended up making one, but - no, no "seasonal themes". :green: ;)

-Enrique

Status
Not open for further replies.