Problem with SF M3 and Z58 clickie

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. I am stumped on this one. I just got an M3 today and put a Z58 lockout clickie on it and nothing. I also tried a Z59 and nothing. On the other hand the z58 and z59 tailcaps work on my M2, 6P, 9P, and U2. I tried 3 different z59's and nothing :shrug: But all of the z58's and z59's work on all the other lights. The only tailcap that will work on the M3 is the twisty that came with it. Help Me Please....Are you out there Size15's?

Rob

Size15's

Flashaholic
This has happened before... Strange since the L6 used the M3 body and it came with the Z58. I'm not sure whether the previous situation was resolved.

One thing you could do is call SureFire.

Any chance you can share photos of the TailCap end of the M3 next to your M2 please?

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go. If you had something different in mind...let me know. SF Tech Support is closed for the night btw. M3 on the left....

dsc00221dn9.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks - can you see any physical differences between the contact surfaces?
Is the length of the threads different? Perhaps the Z58/59 can not screw on sufficiently tight enough to allow for contact?
I don't suggest you do this but very carefully raising the contact tabs in one of the TailCaps could be a solution. The tabs aren't meant to be messed with so you do this at your own risk in case you break one...

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything looks identical. The length of the threads is the same. I cannot see any differences. What do the contact tabs look like, and where are they? How do I lift them? M3 on the left.

dsc00226lz6.jpg

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I deoxit everything, and start screwing the Z58 on, and about 9/10th's of the way down...the light turns on. I had the clickie turned on apparently, but when I tighten it all the way down...it goes back off again. I wonder what is causing this. It works tightened down on the other lights.

Last edited: