Longbow is finished with.....

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone remember longbow? heres the question

what was the finish they used on it? because from the ones i have handled, they appear to be even more durable than a HAIII e2e. They also seem to have some sort of texture that looks and feels like tiny rings around the light. And they also appear impossible to scratch, with a knife, or even concrete from what i can remember, which is more then i can say for ANY of the fenix lights i have so far that are HAIII.

its sad that longbows are no longer in production

Crenshaw

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone remember longbow? heres the question

what was the finish they used on it? because from the ones i have handled, they appear to be even more durable than a HAIII e2e. They also seem to have some sort of texture that looks and feels like tiny rings around the light. And they also appear impossible to scratch, with a knife, or even concrete from what i can remember, which is more then i can say for ANY of the fenix lights i have so far that are HAIII.

its sad that longbows are no longer in production

Crenshaw

i think its just a glossy ha3, and that the texture is actually machining marks
(i have a OD Micra here on my desk as i type this)
the longbows are a pretty good light, solid, waterproof, and modular
i have been thinking about trying to find someone who can upgrade mine to a Cree - but its not really worth it, ive got a lot of newer lights, so it lives on my desk as a reminder when 30 lumens from a lux 1 was great

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i really like the build, i actually wouldnt mind buying it from you if you dont really want it anymore...after all there are plenty of lights that can remind you of when luxeons were good..;)

Crenshaw

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I absolutely loved the looks and feel of the Longbow Micra. It's a shame the circuity sucked. It had the worse regulation of any marketed regulated light that I've ever seen. I hope Hotbeam is doing well.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
The Micra had poor regulation?

I thought it was really really good? http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/longbow_micra.htm

Anywho, my Micra has the glossy HAIII finish and it's held up well after two years of pocket carry, their are some wear marks on the sharp points but nothing major. I don't feel it is much more durable than other well made HAIII finishes.

FYI: with some foil or a small spring to maintain contact with the battery the D-Mini Light engine will fit in the Micra body, it doesn't work well with the stock optic but their their might be a 17mm reflector that will work with the Cree, I'm looking around right now.