1 CR123 Light...the brightest

lureman

Newly Enlightened
OK, I carry an Fenux single 123 light and really like it. Is ther anything brighter/better that I could evolve to?

Thanks, Dan

victor1

Newly Enlightened
You just can't beat the power of a P2D with that small package. I always have this thing on me and I don't even notice I am carrying it. When the need arises, it will turn the night into day. It blows me away how something that disappears in my hand can put out so much light.
If there is something smaller with this kind of power I would like to know, cause I want it!!

mightysparrow

Enlightened
While not "brighter," the survivability and dependability of the new offerings from HDS Systems would most likely be considered "better" than the survivability and dependability of the single CR123 light you mentioned, under extreme conditions testing those attributes.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say that anything out of the 123a range of fenix is pretty much the edge in stock lumen output, either the P2D premium Q5, or the P1D-CE Q5, both have torchlumens of 180 on turbo mode. I myself am carrying a P1D-Ce q5 right now, absolutely love it, there was once i turned it on in a club where there was a smoke machine running, looked like a lightsaber!:thumbsup: all the bouncers were pointing laser pointers at people to annoy them,imgaine what mine would have done....

although from what im reading about AA lights pushing 180, 180 lumens may soon become a normal EDC output

Crenshaw

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in purchasing my first light and I am considering the P1D CE Q5 as well as the P2D CE. Which do you think is better?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the P1D is a twistie : you twist the head on and off, much like your standard minimag and solitaire. Twisting the head the change modes can be annoying to some, and although possible to operate one handed, its not easy

P2D is a clickie, meaning its the click switch, i am assuming its a reverse, meaning that when you click it in, nothing will happen, only when you release, the light will come on. This is alot easier to use then a twistie, and can be operated 1 handed. The disadvantage is that clickies have more tendency to fail then twisties. Twisties are pretty foolproof.

the only other differnce is that that P2d is slightly bigger, which is why i went with my choice...

Crenshaw

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a lot of these lights, but I love my Amilight NeoT5. It is an underappreciated and very handsome light, with great brightness, a perfect beam, simple UI, and a tiny size. The hard anodize is much better than Fenix, perhaps even as good as Peak's. It's my EDC currently.

http://www.amilite.co.kr/

Last edited:

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I'll also add the Olight T10 Q5 for your consideration. It's available from Battery Junction with a CPF discount. I greatly enjoy my T20 Q5 and my regular T10. The Q5 edition has received a lot of praise from those who have it. The UI is different from Fenix and so is the reflector and beam pattern. Read the comparisons here to see more info.