Dimensioned drawings of LxD and PxD bodies

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for dimensioned drawings of either or both the LxD & PxD bodies. I am a Manufacturing Engineering student and thus have access to CNC equipment at school and would like to play with making a new body for the light. The only problem is that I won't have the flashlight until Christmas and its killing me. So, can anyone here help me out with drawings or solid models?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for dimensioned drawings of either or both the LxD & PxD bodies. I am a Manufacturing Engineering student...

I suspect they don't tell you in school the horrors that await you in the typical company. Lesson one: trust not, suffer not. Never believe the drawing until you check it yourself.
The Metrology dept is your friend. Bring beer for the tech. :party:

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
Yeah... normally I would pull out the calipers and micrometer but since I don't have the light its kinda hard to do that. Also, I have no way to figure out the threads that they use for the head and tail. I would hope that the drawings for a production item were correct. Oh well... unless someone in Los Angeles (Pomona, CA) has a Fenix they want to lend me for a few days I will have to wait till Christmas.

THanks for the help guys.