how do these compare with the Maglite 3D?

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: how do these compare with the Maglite 2D?

All 3 of the DX lights will be much brighter. That MagLite pack (absurdly priced by the way, that pack goes for around $20-25 here) is incan, not LED.

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

All 3 of the DX lights will be much brighter. That MagLite pack (absurdly priced by the way, that pack goes for around $20-25 here) is incan, not LED.

madddd!!!
wait till i go an rub this into an uncle who just bought one :)

i do think its really expensive now that you said its wouldn't be as good as the above ones, and its even half price at $50.

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

one more question please.

i just saw this not long ago in person, its actually a 3D maglite. it looks pretty big and powerful.

how would the 3 DX flashlights in the first post compare with a MAG 3D (not a 2D)?

thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic

one more question please.

i just saw this not long ago in person, its actually a 3D maglite. it looks pretty big and powerful.

how would the 3 DX flashlights in the first post compare with a MAG 3D (not a 2D)?

thanks

The DX lights are still brighter. Now, you could put LED dropins in the Mags, but that's a whole different beast.

shakeylegs

Enlightened

You might have a look at this thread which seems to be ongoing. Lots of beamshots.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176577

The Romisen is a great little light. Throws a narrow spot very far. You will like it if you need a thrower. The MTE seoul would pair up nicely with the Romisen. Probably more useful for everyday mid range use.

My Seoul modded 1 D M@g throws an incredible spot over huge distances and is one of my favorite lights. The Romisen, while not as intense, is still impressive side by side with the M@g. The new Romisen with a Q5 emitter should be as much as 50% brighter.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new Romisen with a Q5 emitter should be as much as 50% brighter.

Is that a new version coming out ?? Or one you have modified?
Sounds intreasting.

shakeylegs

Enlightened

Both the usual sources have the Q5 in black. No HAIII yet.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mate,

Marduke is so right in saying that the maglites in Oz are WAY overpriced for the performance that they give.

The only way that the standard 2D and 2AA krypton Maglites will out perform those DX lights is if you threw them off a cliff tied to a brick with a tailwind!!!

DX is the way to go for well priced, good quality flashlights. For just about the same price as that 2D-2AA Maglite combo, you can get this 3xCree light delivered registered mail to your door and punch another hole in the Ozone layer above the southern hemisphere!

hi,

i recently bought the Romisen RC-G2 and now awaiting delivery.
i was having a look at the local K-mart catalogue here in Australia and saw this. its a Maglite 2D with a mini AA flashlight

now how would the Romisen RC-G2and these 2 above compare with both of the Maglites these in terms of brightness?

thanks for looking guys

Last edited:

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

Mate,

Marduke is so right in saying that the maglites in Oz are WAY overpriced for the performance that they give.

The only way that the standard 2D and 2AA krypton Maglites will out perform those DX lights is if you threw them off a cliff tied to a brick with a tailwind!!!

DX is the way to go for well priced, good quality flashlights. For just about the same price as that 2D-2AA Maglite combo, you can get this 3xCree light delivered registered mail to your door and punch another hole in the Ozone layer above the southern hemisphere!

yeh there is noway l'll pay that much for a maglite flashlight after joining this forum.

l'm hooked on DX and their flashlights, even tho i haven't received my Romisen RC-G2 yet, but by the reviews it seems promising.

that 3xCree light looks awesome, might give it a go one day.

ohh and btw, its a 3D maglite, there was a mistake in the catalogue (l'm not sure if yous use this word overseas)

Marduke

Flashaholic

Just to make you feel worse, the Friday after Thanksgiving here in the US, I got a couple 2D MagLED's (that's right, the LED version) for $10 each!!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow that is a horrible price for a Mag! I knew they were damn expensive overseas but I didn't know it was that bad. The funniest part about it is that it normally sells for $100! :crackup:
With my soda drinking habit I'd be broke if I lived where you do. I pay $2.50 a 12 pack or less.

Anyway to answer your question the light you bought will be much brighter than the Mag, but the quality will be seriously lacking. I've purchased a couple lights from DX/Kai and most of them were low quality.

If you are willing to pay a little more money you should look into one of the high quality brands. Here is a list of lights that you may be intested in. They are around $50-$75 so they are quite a bit more expensive compared to the lights from DX, but honestly the extra money is worth it. You really get what you pay for!

Olight T10/T15/T20 - Make sure to buy the Q5 version. I have the T10 and LOVE IT!
Fenix L1D/L2D/P2D/P3D/T1 - Make sure to buy the Q5 version for most output.
Dereelight CL1H/DBS

If the free shipping is what interests you then you should know that Fenix-store.com has free worldwide shipping and excellent service/prices. Good luck. ;)

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

Wow that is a horrible price for a Mag! I knew they were damn expensive overseas but I didn't know it was that bad. The funniest part about it is that it normally sells for $100! :crackup:
With my soda drinking habit I'd be broke if I lived where you do. I pay $2.50 a 12 pack or less.

yeh its pretty bad down here :(, when i see prices for computer parts, TV's and PS3's etc, it makes me want to move over there. we get ripped off hard over here :(.....but.....Australia is an awesome country to live in

Anyway to answer your question the light you bought will be much brighter than the Mag, but the quality will be seriously lacking. I've purchased a couple lights from DX/Kai and most of them were low quality.

If you are willing to pay a little more money you should look into one of the high quality brands. Here is a list of lights that you may be intested in. They are around $50-$75 so they are quite a bit more expensive compared to the lights from DX, but honestly the extra money is worth it. You really get what you pay for!

well this is my first ever proper flashlight purchase so l'm not sure what to expect really. l'm pretty sure the Romisen RC_G2 wont be my only torch. l will want more stronger and powerful ones later on, which will be the time for me to look at REAL name brands with high quality like the Fenix's i see talked about here alot.

i really cant wait for this light to arrive, all this talk about how much more powerful "Crees" are compared to the "old technological maglites" has gotten me excited :eek:

Cydonia

Enlightened
That has to be a new record high price for a 2D MagLED... truly sick :duh2::huh:
In Canada here there is a place that has the audacity to sell a 3D MagLED for $49... and our dollar is at parity with US dollar (for the moment anyway).

BigD64

Enlightened
You might want to look at the Lumapower lights too. They're a pretty good value for the money.

FurrBear

Newly Enlightened

In this case - I'm afraid you're wrong. I just got a batch of the Romisen RC-G2's, and they're great, especially considering the price. They may not be HA-III, but the finish is even, the machining is excellent - including the knurling, which is effective but not overly sharp, and the threads are silky smooth without any lubrication. The beam quality is good, the forward-clickie feels solid. It's amazing for an $11 light!

I can also see how modders would find it a great platform to start from, but it's nifty as is.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That has to be a new record high price for a 2D MagLED... truly sick :duh2::huh:
In Canada here there is a place that has the audacity to sell a 3D MagLED for $49... and our dollar is at parity with US dollar (for the moment anyway).

That's incan version, not LED. I can't imagine what LED version sells for down there. :eek:

And I thought CT's $50 for LED 3D mag is bad, but this takes the cake!

warriorz

Newly Enlightened

In this case - I'm afraid you're wrong. I just got a batch of the Romisen RC-G2's, and they're great, especially considering the price. They may not be HA-III, but the finish is even, the machining is excellent - including the knurling, which is effective but not overly sharp, and the threads are silky smooth without any lubrication. The beam quality is good, the forward-clickie feels solid. It's amazing for an $11 light!

GREAT, i should be getting mine today or tomorrow hopefully, cant wait, my first cree :)

That's incan version, not LED. I can't imagine what LED version sells for down there. :eek:

i dont even wanna know:mecry: