Looking for a great headlamp with amazing throw and brightness.

dano101

Enlightened
Any ideas out there for what you all would consider the best and brightest headlamps available? i own a tonne of very nice torches that blow my friends away, but am lacking in the headlamp department and hate to be outdone by friends who pick up cheap headlamps from department stores that outshine the older headlamps i own. :mecry:

Im looking for amazing throw and brightness... battery type and runtime are extremely unimportant to me, as long as i dont end up runner-up in the lumen category.

Thanks a bunch,

Dano

Phaetos

Enlightened
I hear the Zebralight is top-notch. I plan on getting one when I can.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any ideas out there for what you all would consider the best and brightest headlamps available? i own a tonne of very nice torches that blow my friends away, but am lacking in the headlamp department and hate to be outdone by friends who pick up cheap headlamps from department stores that outshine the older headlamps i own. :mecry:

Im looking for amazing throw and brightness... battery type and runtime are extremely unimportant to me, as long as i dont end up runner-up in the lumen category.

Thanks a bunch,

Dano

There aren't alot of high quality headlamps available that use the Cree emiiter just yet. The Zebralight H50 is the only one that is reasonably priced, but it has zero throw, so it isn't what you're looking for.

I just purchased a USVOH Seoul modded Princeton Tec EOS Tactical from Gunga in the CPFM forum. It should be pretty damn bright! Much brighter than anything you can buy in a retail store, and MUCH MUCH more efficient! He is selling them for a really nice price if you are interested. It should have very impressive throw as well. I'll be receiving mine next week some time and will put a review up asap.