L0D led upgrade?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want a brighter L0D. at first i was thinking to get the new l0d q4. i'm not a fan of the looks though.
would i be able to use a r2? i never see vf numbers listed and i'm not sure what's compatible.
if i buy a q4 its at least $10 and a l0d resales around 30 or less then it wouldnt make sense to upgrade the led. it would be easier to sell and buy and skip the work. which is why i would want a q5 or r2 but not sure if there is enough juice:eek:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want a brighter L0D. at first i was thinking to get the new l0d q4. i'm not a fan of the looks though.
would i be able to use a r2? i never see vf numbers listed and i'm not sure what's compatible.
if i buy a q4 its at least $10 and a l0d resales around 30 or less then it wouldnt make sense to upgrade the led. it would be easier to sell and buy and skip the work. which is why i would want a q5 or r2 but not sure if there is enough juice:eek:

I modded an L0D CE with a WG tint Q5. It was noticeably brighter, but the warm tint didn't look right in such a small light. If you can find some lower Vf Q5's in a cool tint (WC or WD), then it would be worth the investment. It is an easy mod if you are comfortable with a soldering iron.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
how can i tell if the vf is low? is there a place that lists the details of what they sell or do i have to get a bunch and measure each. i dont even know how to measure them.:whistle: