Streamlight LED Stinger Clickie Switch Problem?

Jagged

Newly Enlightened
A while back, I bought two of the (then new) Streamlight LED Stingers. I have been impressed with many aspects of the lights; but seem to be having a problem with each light's on off switch. Sometimes, it doesn't come on. I click a few more times or wait a bit and it does. I did a search here to try to find if there is a specific cause and easily fixable solution to this problem; but couldn't narrow down the results to a managable number. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance for any responses! :)

teta.firma

Newly Enlightened
I have heard, (read), of several people with Streamlight C4 LED having switch failures. I believe it to be a systemic problem with the switches Streamlight has the assembler use, and that eventually all of the switches will fail. Not certain, but failure may based on number of times the switch is used. The switch is some kind of PC board and electric rather than a manual switch. Streamlight will happily replace the switch for those that send the light back to them for repair. I use mine nightly making rounds, guess I should have purchased two when I bought so I could stay in business while having one repaired. JMHO

Cheers,
teta.firma