Surefire LED G2L on sale at Lowes

Garand

Newly Enlightened
These are on sale at Lowe's for $64.

They use two 123a lithium batteries.

I have never used one of these. Is this a good deal. How would they compare to my ROV 3 watt Sportsman LED as far as light?

How long can I expect the batteries to run?

Ducati

Newly Enlightened
Well, they're rated at 80 lumens by SF. I believe yours is 80 as well...

I saw that light and for $64 it's not much of a sale. Surefire lists it for $65 on their website. At that price, you can buy several lights that are 2X brighter. If you like the housing, you put a drop-in like this one: http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/crq5drmo.html .

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
FWIW the G2L for sale (NOT "on" sale) at my local Lowes has the newer aluminum bezel. But @ $64 plus tax they can keep them. I recently bought a Yellow all plastic G2L for $42 and put the LED module into an all aluminum 6PD, and the P60 into the G2 body.

Paladin

awberke

Newly Enlightened
Well, they're rated at 80 lumens by SF. I believe yours is 80 as well...

I saw that light and for $64 it's not much of a sale. Surefire lists it for $65 on their website. At that price, you can buy several lights that are 2X brighter. If you like the housing, you put a drop-in like this one: http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/crq5drmo.html .

You could buy several lights from KD or DX and be thorougly disappointed with all of them. I have bought two lights from DX (both well reviewed) and both broke in a months time.

Having not had a high-quality flashlight yet, i'm still new to this, i went to lowes to get a TF 2C Cree, which they do not have. So i went ahead and purchased the G2 on an impulse buy. Although it may not be equal to 3 "150 lumen" lights form dealextreme, i gaurantee it beats the build quality of all three put together. And it actually beats one of the lights in both throw and spill that i got from DX that claimed more light output. And actually, batterjunction sells the old, nitrolon bezel G2L for $65.

Have you personally used the new G2? Because i was thorougly impressed witih all aspects of the light.

I'm not disappointed at all.

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sixty-four dollar light with a lifetime warranty? I'd be up for that if I needed a work light.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Got mine from lowes for 54 since the 10 off project starter card applies. Very happy with the light for it's intended purpose of a utility light.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a good cheap 2x123 flashlight, I'd take a long look at the current sale price of the Lumapower M1-T which is another metal Surefire clone with much more aggressive technology. Not quite as pretty a paperweight, but not bad either.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lululudlpm1f.html

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a good cheap 2x123 flashlight, I'd take a long look at the current sale price of the Lumapower M1-T which is another metal Surefire clone with much more aggressive technology. Not quite as pretty a paperweight, but not bad either.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lululudlpm1f.html

are you talking about the 60 dollar "M1T tactical light"?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. It's a nice alternative if price is an issue.

There's a LOT of good lights, but when the price drops enough, it goes from being just another great light to a real bargain, esp if you're interested in rechargeable batteries.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
All things considered. I'm sure you can compare the features and reviews.

jbviau

Enlightened
NA8, does the M1T take P60-size drop-ins? I'm guessing you have one and might have tried...

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
the G2L is a great choice for a first "good" light. batteryjunction sells them for $65, with free shipping and they throw in (i believe) six free batteries ( and the light already has two inside) . then you can use the 5% discount they give to us the forum members ( code is cpf2006, i think). beats the lowes deal to hell.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Got mine from lowes for 54 since the 10 off project starter card applies.
No batts but no wait for shipping either. Lowes is 3 min away.....

Radio

Modulated Moderator
the G2L is a great choice for a first "good" light. batteryjunction sells them for $65, with free shipping and they throw in (i believe) six free batteries ( and the light already has two inside) . then you can use the 5% discount they give to us the forum members ( code is cpf2006, i think). beats the lowes deal to hell.

Does not work, They make you enter code "surefire" for free shipping and the code "cpf2006" for the 5% off, the site only allows the use of one code. Add one and it deletes the other :(

Saiga

Enlightened
hhmmm. i bet if you called them, they'd hook you up. batteryjunctions phone # is 860-767-8888 ( 9-5,M-F ). but i'd also probably pay the few extra bucks to have it in hand today. i got mine a month or two ago from opticsplanet for $55 W/free shipping, but i don't see them at all on their site right now.