DealExtreme problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

headlight

Newly Enlightened
Well, I tryed to be patient with the problem I have with DXextreme. I bought a Ultrafire c3 w/extension tube from them in Aug of this year. I received it but it would not work without the extension. It took multiple contacts (without getting any responce, cannot find order, asking for sku #, etc) to get a replacement light. I received the "package" today and inside is a plastic box instead of a flashlight (sku for flashlight is 4452, sku for box is 4425) I'm at a point now where I will never buy from them again even if this gets resolved. Just venting, thanks for listening.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe another Ultrafire dealer will do warranty work for you to win you as a customer.

I don't know the dealers well enough to help you out, I'm "just starting."

Marduke

Flashaholic
The issue with your C3 isn't that uncommon. A paper clip bent into a circle and placed between the tube and tailcap will solve the problem.

wai king

Newly Enlightened
That happened to me twice, I meant sending me something that was close to the original sku. I think the stock-guy read the sku in a rush and gave you something that was close to the original and missed it. But I had purchase many many items from them so the percentage are slim. But everytime it worked out fine by opening a ticket in the "HELP" section and telling them what went wrong. It will take a little time but you should get what you were looking for. :candle::candle::candle:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont give up on deal so easily, you have to realise that they got tonnes and tonnes of orders everyday. Deal is really a great place to shop. Working at a temp administrative job myself now, ive learnt to appreciate how hard it is to process orders 100% correctly 100% of the time. And you have to remember that if your c3 is malfunctioning, its more likley ultra fire's fault then it is deals.

if youre never going to buy from deal again, i guess it just leaves more stock for the rest of us..heh heh :grin2:

i CAN understand your frustration though, but deal let you keep the box anyway right? they sent me a psp battery, which is priced higher then the thing i orderd, a Cree P4, but they said its alright, i can keep it, and they will send me my order. They are trying to do stuff well.And the c3 is a good all round light, the kind you can give as a present and people will love you for it.

Crenshaw

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe someone can help me out here.

i'm still not real clear on CPF rules.

should this kind of Thread be relegated to the JEERS section? i'm really not sure, so i'm askin'.

reason is, some months ago as a brand spankin' new newbie (instead of just the newb' i am now), i mentioned a problem with an OnLine Retailer in a similar fashion/tone as the OP (more factual than rant about that retailer, although i did use a rather humorous, IMO, Seinfeld-ism and applied it to my attempted purchasing experience) and also announced my intent NOT to ever do business with them again.

within minutes, someone must have reported my Post to a mod/admin type, or he noticed it himself, and i was duly "spanked". being firmly encouraged to edit my Post and amend my ways - IMO, all very appropriate advice i might add.

please, don't take this Post as a criticism of that mod/admin person. i truly appreciated his input and also for taking the time to educate me on proper CPF Etiquette. he was also very kind and helpful in a PM exchange we had on the issue in question. it's all too easy to criticize and then things just degenerate from there on many, not all, occasions.

i guess i'm still really confused (this is *MY* personal problem, NOT CPF's) about what i can say without gettin' myself in more hot water, and have, a couple of times, wanted to warn, others about a product or a problem experienced and have hesitated from fear of being "spanked" harder the second time. i also felt that JEERS was too strong a place to put my criticism (maybe i'm wrong on that point) and also might not be noticed by those participating in the Thread that i was wanting to post to, and so those who might most benefit from my experience might never see the Post in JEERS (this sure is a big Board with many, many Threads and Posts).

is one permitted to make a Post in a Thread with a LINK to their JEERS Post? really don't know. hope someone can answer that question as that might be a solution to my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.