• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo AlTiN Coated Ti S27 Cx2 (One of a kind titanium goodness...)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've decided to sell a shelf queen. She's stunning, but has been sitting on a shelf in my closet for months.

Start off with a rare McGizmo titanium S27 Cx2. It has the 2x123 titanium clickie pack, and the famous S27 titanium head sporting a McR-27s and a Seoul emitter. I think Don made around 30 or so of these lights. Two stages, high runs at 917mA (DBx2), 125mA on low. UW0I Seoul P4 emitter. Here's a thread for more information (about 1/2 way down).

I then sent it off to modamag for AlTiN coating. The body was bead blasted then coated with AlTiN. The clip (already bead blasted) was also coated with AlTiN. The head was (accidentally) left natural, then coated with AlTiN. Once reassembled I decided I liked the contrast. The body is quite "grippy" and the finish makes it more so. The finish has an amazing dark smoke grey luster and sheen. The two clip screws were kept natural titanium.

I have not heard of any others in this finish combo. This light is as-received, 99+% with a few small "character/machining" marks if you look closely (for example, one pin-tip sized indentation/machining mark on the side of the head, if you look closely). This is typical with Don's Ti pieces. The reflector is not perfectly centered- the window needs to be removed and the reflector reseated. I'm just chicken to do it, and it has no impact upon the quality of the beam. It is largely unused, maybe 30 minutes of total runtime. Otherwise it has been sitting in a protective case on a shelf, while her Ti Mule cousin gets used daily. This is cruel and unusual punishment. Please help find her a good home.

US$750 plus shipping (at cost, insurance if requested). I am not responsible for this rare light once it leaves my possession. I'll accept Paypal- please add 3% to cover Paypal costs. I'll ship overseas, but again I am not responsible for the light once it leaves my hands. I have a good reputation on the board, and can provide eBay references if necessary. First unconditional "I'll Take It" wins. This is posted on multiple boards- in the event of multiple "I'll Take It"s I'll use timestamps to determine the winner. Paypal to kimo123 at hotmail dot com

Note: The Ti Mule, Strider SnG, and CRKT 14Ti are not included in this sale...

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS/FT: McGizmo AlTiN Coated Ti S27 Cx2 (One of a kind titanium goodness...)

Wowsers! :drool:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice - and at a very fair price and all:thumbsup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the kind replies! Here are a few more pictures of this light:

In this pic you can see the tiny machine mark that I referenced above:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS/FT+More Pics: McGizmo AlTiN Coated Ti S27 Cx2 (One of a kind titanium goodness

Great looking Light "J"
:twothumbs

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS/FT+More Pics: McGizmo AlTiN Coated Ti S27 Cx2 (One of a kind titanium goodness

Thanks G-man!
--------------

If you are on the fence about purchasing this light, let me help you:

• Titanium construction with AlTiN coating- a nearly indestructible combination, and it doesn't appear modamag will run another plating/coating service any time soon
  • McR-27S reflector - doesn't get much better than that, an almost perfect beam
  • Haven't seen Don release any of these since the one run in May (or was it April?)
  • At 917mA on high, it has the highest output of the McGizmo family (along with the wonderful 27LT-S)
  • McClickie tailcap to engage, rotate the head for high and low
  • Incredibly grippy battery tube, even when wearing gloves
  • 2x123 format
  • Made in the U.S.A. That is, if Hawai'i is still a state. ;)
Did I mention the following yet... if you purchase this light you will:
  • Be honoring your country
  • Help Colt Brennan win the Heisman
  • Reestablish your good reputation
  • Suddenly look years younger
  • Look at life through a pair of rosey glasses (not included)
  • Wonder why you waited for all this time
  • Notice a skip in your step
  • Join the ranks of EricMack, arewethereyetdad, Griff, Kenster, McGizmo, :)>, Hodsta, et al (wait, I'm not really sure that is a good thing... ;0)
  • Suddenly be a member of the "in crowd"
  • See things in the dark
  • Blind yourself in the daylight
  • Finally write that novel
  • Get the urge to safari
  • Drink some rum
  • Smoke some Cuban cigars
  • Drink some more rum
  • Then take a nap
All of this can be yours for one low price.:twothumbs
You know you want it. You need it. You can taste it.

In all honesty, I will probably keep this for sale for a couple more days, then relegate it back to shelf duty. If you have an interesting trade please let me know:

milky mods
MR Bulk
Strider
Carillo
Surefire
mac
Hinderer
gold
platinum
diamonds
opals
Porsche GT-3 rear deck
RUF
GT-3 racing shell

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

ROFL

Chronos - you are a work art man

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats "J" ALTiN seems to be popular these days.
Now let's talk about the Strider.;)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats "J" ALTiN seems to be popular these days.
Now let's talk about the Strider.;)
Hey M-

PM me with an offer. It is a nice SnG Gen VI. Lightly used, never sharpened, perfect lockup, two scratches on Ti slab and a few cosmetic marks on the blade. BOS stamped. Trade?

The Coach

Enlightened
Well, here she is in her new home. :party: This is a beautiful light.
Thanks Jim. :D
imag0003qq3.jpg

Here she is hangin' with new friends.

imag0001xv0.jpg

And chillin' with some more new friends.

imag0002pk5.jpg

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sal,

She looks like she's found a great new home. I'm glad to see her being enjoyed. BTW, great collection there! Now you need to start pestering awtyd and EricMack for their Ti 27LT protos... those are my grail lights. :):naughty:

BTW, is the Colt an original issue? My father-in-law still has one from the late 1800s, replated by Colt. He decided to keep a few "nice" pieces. I know they were reissued sometime in the '50s. That is a classic! The GG SMF is stunning too. I'll have to post a few pics of my toy guns sometime.

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
Sal,

She looks like she's found a great new home. I'm glad to see her being enjoyed. BTW, great collection there! Now you need to start pestering awtyd and EricMack for their Ti 27LT protos... those are my grail lights. :):naughty:

Jim, bite your tongue. :poke:
No, it's just a Springfield Armory that I've been building up for a couple of years now. For some reason, I never have enough money to do it all at once. :thinking: Actually, that's two different Striders, one is my EDC and the other is a Badlands model (the one with the skull, only 100 of those). That's my other addiction. :broke:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL - I meant the six gun, amigo, the SA! :)

Shhh. Don't speak of Striders, as I too have a weakness, as do many others 'round these parts.